Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Somebody is kicking himself for not starting Peyton Manning.

Not really. It could have gone either way. I'm just glad he's on my bench instead of someone else's starter.

Drew Brees will still make points.

Not saying I wish I had started manning but oh well. It's just the first game and he got a lot more points than he would normally get . They did kinda slaughter the ravens though.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Not really. It could have gone either way. I'm just glad he's on my bench instead of someone else's starter.

Drew Brees will still make points.

Not saying I wish I had started manning but oh well. It's just the first game and he got a lot more points than he would normally get . They did kinda slaughter the ravens though.

Psh - I'M kicking you for stealing him from me.....

Oh well. I'll have to be content with the fact you'll likely be doing this all year - wondering which QB will have the biggest game. If we're lucky, it'll cost you some wins.

Though I fully expect someone here to give in and trade with you....ugh!

Dandaman

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2004
soCal
So the Julius Thomas lottery pick is under way (aka first pick in the waiver wire). I was picking him in the last round in all my mock drafts. Kicking myself now for not doing it in the real draft.

rjkgr

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2013
We play every year and veterans have first say at claiming their spot. When a vet drops out we fill vacancies on a first come first serve basis. So, watch for the threads every fall and be ready to post your interest in order to claim your spot.

okay thanks will do and in fall? not summer time?

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
okay thanks will do and in fall? not summer time?

The thread is usually posted in August. I guess that's technically both the end of summer and the beginning of fall. In my mind fall kinda starts with going back to school, buy hey, maybe that's just me. :)

----------

So the Julius Thomas lottery pick is under way (aka first pick in the waiver wire). I was picking him in the last round in all my mock drafts. Kicking myself now for not doing it in the real draft.

I'm sure he will be one of the top waiver wire pick ups this next week. But the question is, can he sustain that kind of production and will he catch any team by surprise now that they can study tape on him?

As a unit the receiving weapons in Denver are definitely one of the best in the league this year. Elway has put them right up their with Atlanta. From a fantasy perspective I imagine it will be kind of maddening because someone is going to get the short end of the stick each week as Decker did last night.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park

Just remember Kevin Ogletree in 2012. Two TDs and 100+ yards in game one. He managed just 2 more TDs and 300 yards the rest of the year. I'm not saying Thomas is Ogletree 2012 or Alfred Morris 2013. I am saying it's not always as clearcut as it seems.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
BTW, good luck mscriv. Get ready to be humiliated by a rookie.:p

You definitely have had several players put up good numbers and it looks like you're gonna get the win. I'm just glad you left Boldin and Cook on your bench. The Browns looked terrible today. Richardson and the offense need to pick it up. Russell Wilson was horrible and I got bit by the Roddy White injury.

It's gonna be a long season if my team continues to perform like this. :(

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
We'll I figured I was gonna lose my first game but it's still possible to win.

Here's hoping Dallas loses. Badly hehe

Well - its all up to Gates. He needs 9 points and I'll pull out the W.....

God in both my leagues, my RBs are pathetic. Was a bad week across the board for RBs save a select few.....

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2009
You definitely have had several players put up good numbers and it looks like you're gonna get the win. I'm just glad you left Boldin and Cook on your bench. The Browns looked terrible today. Richardson and the offense need to pick it up. Russell Wilson was horrible and I got bit by the Roddy White injury.

It's gonna be a long season if my team continues to perform like this. :(

Witten gave you a lot of points. I wouldn't consider you dead as of now, 68 points from 3 players + a defense is not impossible.

Regarding J. Cook, I did consider putting him in, stupid me for leaving Olsen when he played against Seahawks. As for Boldin, took me completely by surprise, never expected to see such a performance from him.

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
And if you started Manning over Ryan, and if you started Vereen over Johnson, and if you started Little over Moore, you would have blown my doors off. Ifs don't win champtionships. :p

The end game matters. One loss won't break me (crying inside). Us Philly-ans don't give up :)

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Well - its all up to Gates. He needs 9 points and I'll pull out the W.....

God in both my leagues, my RBs are pathetic. Was a bad week across the board for RBs save a select few.....

Gates will get 9 points. He's a point-making TE.

Your RB's pathetic ? Ha !

Mine got ZERO ( well one did ). Failed experiment with Redman. This is why I said I'd trade Manning for a good RB.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Gates will get 9 points. He's a point-making TE.

Your RB's pathetic ? Ha !

Mine got ZERO ( well one did ). Failed experiment with Redman. This is why I said I'd trade Manning for a good RB.

In my other league my RBs combined for a grand total of 11 points. Also had 0s at TE and WR with James Jones (which I see you had as well).

All-in-all, seems like it was just a down week for RBs across the board, save for solid games from Charles and Forte and big games from AP and Reggie Bush.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.