Resolved Hardware Virtualization Error (Parallels)

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by millertime021, Aug 14, 2011.

1. millertime021, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2011

macrumors 6502a

millertime021

After doing some research, all signs pointed to a Parallels desktop update, but after downloading Parallels again today, I'm still having the same issue.

When I open Parallels, it opens, but disappears. When I go to mission control, it will find it, but when I click on it, the window disappears again. However, when I shift desktops, it pops back up in front of the windows (see screen shot)

Before updating Parallels, I got an error telling me to enable hardware virtualization support in my Mac's firmware.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Did you try a different VM product like vmware or virtualbox? Getting that type of error in those programs would then point to a hardware issue over a bug in parallels.

Virtualbox is free and Vmware fusion offers a 30 day.

3. macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5274d Safari/7534.48.3)

I had the very same problem. I fixed it by going into mission control and deleting all the desktops. It then works fine. You can add desktops in again and it will still work. Seems to be an issue from updating to from snow leapord.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

millertime021

If it's hardware, I'm going to be pissed. Nothing else seems to be wrong. Here's to hoping it isn't.

I will give that a shot.

Thanks!

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

millertime021

Worked perfectly.

Thank you very much!

6. macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5313e Safari/7534.48.3)

Glad it worked for you

7. shadystan, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012

macrumors newbie

same issue

Forgive me but what is meant by "go into mission control and delete the desktops"? I am not sure what to do but I have the same issue after an OSX update with Paralells 7