Harm done by playing while charging?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by b0n3z61, Oct 29, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Is any harm done to the touch or the battery if I play it while it charges? Thx in advance.

2. macrumors 68040

iParis

Your battery should be fine.
    Depending on the game your playing, the battery may not charge as fast.

3. Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Good discussion on this here, though it gets a bit technical in discussing battery calibration too.

The only thing to add to this is the fact that you get extra heat while charging, and running complex applications. Heat isn't the best for the batteries, so if you have an incase rubberized protector or otherwise, you may want to take it off while doing both.

[​IMG]

4. macrumors 6502a

newappleboy

Hmm. I don't ever play games while it's charging, but I use an aux cable to listen to my iPod touch in my car, and I usually have it plugged in to charge at the same time, mainly because it keeps the display dimmed by active so I don't have to unlock every time I want to switch tracks. Hadn't thought about this.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much! I am in fact using the Incase rubberized protector, but I am not running any apps. I am just playing music while charging. I'll check that link out. Thanks again.

6. macrumors member

be aware that your ipod might 'sweat' a little, and i mean little, bit more in the rubber case whilst charging and maybe a bit more whilst charging and being used at the same time. This is compared to the same when the ipod is out of a case.
    Nothing to worry about, but I thought I'd let you know incase you noticed and got concerned.