Harman Kardon Go + Play: Form ruins function

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Jun 2, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

Jul 5, 2003

Category: Reviews
    Link: Harman Kardon Go + Play: Form ruins function
    Description:: Harman Kardon designed a great sounding, great-looking portable speaker system with the Go + Play, but unfortunately the form hampers function. For a speaker designed specifically for the iPod (and the video iPod at that) it is a shame that accessing the controls and watching video is so difficult. Audiophiles will find little to complain about, but if you do not need the portability the Go + Play offers, there are much cheaper bookshelf systems that sound as good or better (see our upcoming review of the $139 JBL Spot).

Posted on MacBytes.com
    Approved by Mudbug
  2. macrumors 601

Jan 13, 2002
    Harman Kardon

They're usually great in terms of design, form, and function. Guess they farmed this one out to another company....
  3. macrumors regular

Mar 21, 2005
    the reviewer seems bent out of shape because he can't watch movies. Personally if I bought an Apple HiFi or this I wouldn't be watching movies with it in fact, that'd probably be the last thing I'd do as I do believe my video iPod's screen is too small to do that with a device such as this. However navigation might be harder and I agree with him on that but again I normally just set it on shuffle or use a playlist so again, it depends on what you normally use it for I guess.