Harman/Kardon SoundSticks II

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Aug 1, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68000

njmac

That review makes them sound like something I could use... Still I am going to do more research though. I never trust just one review.

3. macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

everyone i know who has these, loves them

4. macrumors 68000

If you don't care about "cool" looks and only about sound quality, there's no reason not to go with Klipsch ProMedia 2.1s over Soundsticks, which destroy them in every way except appearance.

5. macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i disagree

i own the promedia 2.1s and my brothers soundstick II's sound much better in my opinion. the promedias are very hissy and have muddled bass.

6. macrumors member

I've had the soundsticks 1 for nearly 5 years, and they still rock, I frequently get complaints from neighbors. My only issue is the little neon light is almost completely burnt out... I liked the blue glow...

7. macrumors 68000

mklos

For a 2.1 Sound System, you absolutely cannot beat the Harmon Kardon Sound Sticks. I have them attached to my iMac G5 and they sound absolutely incredible. I can crank the pre-amp all the way up in iTunes, max the sound out and they never miss a beat and the sound never distorts. Watching movies with them in OS X DVD Player is also incredible, especially now that Apple included an equalizer in the Tiger DVD Player. I also live the little blue LED that shines up through the subwoofer at night. It lights my whole room up blue when its dark out.

8. macrumors 68000

They shouldn't be hissy at all if they're working properly.