Harmony Remote and Audio Help for Mac Mini HTPC Running Plex

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by samusaran, Aug 11, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 5, 2010
    Today I setup a 2010 Stock 2.4GHz Mac Mini as an HTPC running Plex. I ripped all of my movie and tv show DVD's (using Handbrake), and am also using it for watching a few streamed TV shows. Everything looks amazing, except for 3 issues:

1) I bought a Harmony 300 Remote to control everything, but can't figure out how to map the Fullscreen (command-F) command to the remote. Any advice? I'd also be interested to hear if anyone has any neat Plex remote tricks to share.

2) In general, I can't get the Harmony 300 to interact with the Mac Mini. I would love to be able to have the remote wake the mini from sleep, and open (to fullscreen) and close Plex. So far, I have the Mini setup to automatically open Plex when it turns on. In the remote setup for Harmony, I entered Apple as the Manufacturer and Mac Mini as the Model #.

3) I'm having some audio/video sync issues with the TV programs in Plex. Is there a way to adjust this? fyi i'm using a generic 15 foot HDMI cable for video and audio

Thanks in advance for any advice!