Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackbones

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
Philadelphia
Has anyone had any success using a Harmony Remote (specificaly the 550) w/ FrontRow? And if so, have any tips?

Basically i have it all set up and running. I have it able to engage front row and cycle threw the main menu (selecting itunes, dvd, photo, video) but once i get into that submenu i cant navigate up and down through the options.

Any tips would be much appreciated.

R.Youden

macrumors 68020
Apr 1, 2005
I was tempted by the Logitech remote but then I used the Remote Buddy application that can be used with the Apple remote and it works really well especially as I am using Front Row with EyeTV on my mini.

But that isnt much help if you have just bought a new remote really!

blackbones

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2003
Philadelphia
Thanks, ill check that out. The Harmony is now controlling my entire entertainment system (using the mini as an HTPC). Was hoping i could get rid of the mini remote, but if not the Remote Buddy seems like a nice option.

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
You should be able to use this program to set up front row witht he harmony. I have front row hacked onto my iMac G5 with the keyspan remote. Well i got tired of the way the keyspan remote felt so i set up the harmony to be the keyspan.

Basically you should be able to put in the harmony menu under device the keyspan remote. Then form there just set up the application (the keyspan one) for front row. It should work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.