Harnessing the Dual G4/G5

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dinowarrior18, Nov 1, 2004.

1. Dinowarrior18 macrumors newbie

Oct 26, 2004
    I would like everyone who agrees with me to e-mail the programmers and ask them to start making all mac software with the ability to harness the Dual Proccessor. I have a Dual 450 G4 and I can not play some of the newer games, like Halo, or Elite Force 2 or even newer software like Virtual PC 7 because they only use a single proccessor or use only the G5 proccessor even though I match up with all the other system requirements. I like most students or others on a small income can not afford to buy a new computer every year to keep up with the games or software. In the case of Elite Force 2 if they harness the Dual Proccessors the loading time would possably shorter.
  2. aethier macrumors 6502a

Feb 1, 2003
    Montréal, Canada
    with all due politeness, i highly doubt that if all mac games magically came out with an update tomorow, to take advantage of dual processors, that your computer would be able to run "new games" like halo, let alone ut2k4 etc. time to face the music, if you want to play modern games, get a new mac, or a cheap gaming pc or an xbox. two 450 mhz g4's do not equal 900 mhz.
  3. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

May 7, 2004
    Sod off
    I'd love to see all these games coded SMP-aware but that will happen around the same time that

- Macs trounce PCs in all performance categories

- Apple-built computers account for 95% of computer sales worldwide

- I hire Steve Ballmer to use as an ottoman in my living room

i.e. not gonna happen. :rolleyes:
  4. kainjow Moderator emeritus

Jun 15, 2000
    In the real world, Macs are better at multitasking, thus performance is better shared between tasks, and things are done faster. Also, less time is spent by the user maintaining the OS with security and virus protection, resulting in better overall performance. :)
  5. vraxtus macrumors 65816

Aug 4, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Whatever school you're at, I think they need to teach you ECONOMICS and GRAMMAR.
  6. Converted2Truth macrumors 6502a

Feb 6, 2004
    You're harsh! ya know that? I don't think i've ever read a single post of yours that even implied curtosy, let alone spelled it. Freak dude, take it easy on the poor student.
  7. vraxtus macrumors 65816

Aug 4, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Maybe it's because I'm a student too and that's just freaking apalling!
  8. combatcolin macrumors 68020

Oct 24, 2004
    Northants, UK
  9. kparvez macrumors member

Oct 1, 2003
    you're a student?

You're a student? WTF? I thought you were some cranky senile old coot!!! Are you a mature student? lol. Try writing more positive replies/posts and with your mac knowledge, you could command a great deal of respect in the mac community...
  10. benpatient macrumors 68000

Nov 4, 2003
    um...i keep hearing about all these serious problems that mac users say PC users have with security and virus protection...

I turn on the built-in firewall and open the ports that my programs need when they need them. I've never had a virus or a security breach on my PC. And i've spent about 20 minutes of my entire life worrying about my PCs security...
  11. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    And that puts you ahead of 99.5% of computer users. Most consumers - using either PCs or Macs - could or would do neither of those things.