Harold Ford Jr. Defending His Father

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thedude110, Oct 22, 2006.

1. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Dunno if this has been posted already (have searched and found nothing), but Harold Ford Jr. (running for Senate in Tenn.) is officially my new hero.

Don't think I could have remained as cool as he did in this video.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I like Harold Ford, he comes across as a moderate something this country really needs. The Right wing and Left wing in this country both are to blame for so many many things. If we had a Congress with a lot more Fords and Obama's we could be solving lots of issues rather then Destroying our Constitution while working for the Mega Corporations.
    The sad part of this is the Republicans have lots & lots of Money to Smear him so instead of talking issues and problems this country is facing they will throw mud, more mud and then keep on throwing it.
    Just Remember the Republicans run the show at the moment. Do you like what we have been seeing the past 6 years? they cant even close a Border during a so called time of war. Its up to the people to make corrections in our govt.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

While I don't agree with Ford on a whole range of issues, he seems like a good fit for a large part of the people of Tennessee, and he is a good politician.

And his opponent's attempts to smear him for hanging out with Playboy bunnies seems to have had the effect, in the wake of the Foley scandal, of reminding the voters of Tennessee that Ford is most definitely not gay. Sad, but true.

This is a race that should never have been competitive. Corker has run a completely inept campaign, and has been dogged by scandal over his tenure as mayor. Apparently he couldn't even keep the 911 emergency system operable, and he is taking quite a bit of heat for it.

4. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

He didn't answer the original question: Why did he continue, while on the committee, to talk about what a wonderful job they have been doing

But the attacking of Ford's family is un-called for. Ford has a point in saying it's my ideas, beliefes, values, vs yours.

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

When do politicians EVER answer the original question? :p