Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by liketom, Nov 6, 2005.

1. liketom macrumors 601

Apr 8, 2004
    Well it's almost apon us now and my little nephew is getting really excited about seeing this movie as he has read all the books.

The world premiere was last night in London and so far the reaction to the film is very good.

Do we have any Potter fans here on the boards ? or does it drive you Potty
  2. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

May 6, 2004
    What's Your Favorite Posish
    This, the fourth in the series, was (IMO) by far the best book so far. It is much longer than the first three books and the films skipped lots of that, i dread to think how much they have left out of these.

I'm looking forward to seeing it though, I enjoyed the book immensely.
  3. balamw Moderator

Staff Member

Aug 16, 2005
    New England
    Definite fan here. Books > movies. Though the movies have all been good fun, they pale in comparison to the books.

I've enjoyed each book more than the last until Half-Blood Prince, which I would place somewhere around Prisoner of Azkaban. It just seemed incomplete and a bit of a departure. Hope I don't feel thesame way about #7, that would be such a let down.

I've also enjoyed listening to the Lemony Snicket series as audiobooks, Tim Curry's narration and Daniel Handler's dry dark humor (though not too dark, they're for kids!) were enjoyable for the first 10 books, but #11 was a letdown. I haven't listened to #12 yet, but I fear the worst. (OK, so I don't want to listen to anything too serious while driving).

4. scem0 macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    I'm dressing up and seeing the midnight showing at IMAX.

I'm not even a big fan of HP, I just like to do exciting things :).