harry potter not necessarily safe in book 7

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by count chocula, Jun 29, 2006.

1. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

apparently two main characters will die in the 7th harry potter book and harry may be one of them. also of interest, J.K. says she wrote the final chapter of book 7 long before the first book was published. there are lots of articles about this if you google news harry potter, but here's one link: http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_9186.html

i cant wait, but i dont know if i'll be able to handle not having new harry potter books to look forward to.

2. iGary Guest

iGary

3. count chocula thread starter macrumors 6502a

count chocula

i tend to agree with you. you never know, though.

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I don't really care who she kills off, I just want the damned book already!

5. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

All the other crazy, magical stuff that happens in the world of Harry Potter and they won't be able to bring back Harry? Yeah, right...

6. iGary Guest

iGary

Exactly, which why she is just doing this to drum up interim interest.

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

She'll kill him off and then begin a new seven-book series about a young wizard named Larry Kotter.

8. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Welcome Back?

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ah - its just hype - whether she does it or not, and who's to say he won't *die* only to be saved in the end by some sort of magic.

Got to love the marketing on this :D

D

10. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

When's it due?

If it's due later this year and I find out I haven't graduated (again) then I'll have been studying for the same degree for the span of three Harry Potter books, two star wars and the whole Lord of the Rings....

That's embarrassing...

11. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Not until some time next year, though there is no official release date yet.

12. count chocula thread starter macrumors 6502a

count chocula

maybe he'll make six horcruxes™ like good old voldy. :eek:

13. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Marketing at its best.

But seriously, she needs to finish this book and release it. I am bored.

14. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Any Harry Potter buff, such as myself, can say, there's no way to bring someone back from the dead, even in the magical world. however, there are ways of ensuring your existance, which is what Lord Voldemort does, however that is very dark magic that Harry would never preform(i hope) it involves horcruxes

A Horcrux is a magical object created through the use of the Dark Arts by evil witches or wizards who wish to avoid death. To do so, they conceal part of their soul within an object — the Horcrux — that is usually hidden away in a safe location.

Creating a Horcrux requires an evil and violent act: the murder of an individual, which is "the supreme act of evil", that "rips the soul apart". The soul of the creator is split, and a spell is cast to infuse one portion of the soul into the intended object, which becomes a Horcrux. This magic is called "the most evil and unnatural of the Dark Arts".

so yes it is possible for someone to "come back from the dead" but it is VERY unlikely that Harry Potter would do this.

15. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

16. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

I agree. Also, if he didnt die, and it just said that he 'walked into a brave new world' or something....I wouldnt be able to stop myself from wondering what happened to him...what adventures he was involved in.

Killing HP would end the curiosity, but as others have stated...hinting at the prospect that he will be killed BUILDS curiosity prior to the launch date.

17. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Even if he were to die in the 7th book, the series would be left open ended...so much has been hinted about as to existence after death.

Anyway, Dumbledore didn't actually die, and Snape is on the good side. But I won't go into detail...

18. CompUser Guest

I honestly think if Harry were to die, there would be a couple people, somewhere,that commit suicide. I am not even joking.

19. unfaded macrumors 6502

She said she would kill off two characters. Below is my theory, in white writing, so only people who really want to know can know:

***Harry is the last horcrux. The prophesy said as long as one lives, the other shall too. Harry will have to sacrifice himself to kill off Voldemort for good. The. End.***

20. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

unfaded, you are spot on. ;)

GAH I CANNOT WAIT TO READ THAT GOD DAMN BOOK!!!!!!!!

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Good, maybe she'll finally kill that little bastard off :D

22. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Yeah, seems pretty much like what I had in mind. That it will have to end with Harry having to die to kill Voldemort.

23. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Way too simple and easy. Too much of an un-rewarding ending. Has anything the rest of the series been that way? I think not...

24. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

This is all marketing.. after this many years of writing and marketing the series you do not go on national TV and accidentally "slip" saying more than you wanted to...

That said I hope he dies..

Ed

25. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

My thoughts exactly. She may want to limit someone else writing an "Oz' type of rip off; but killing off Harry won't prevent it.