Harry the Nazi

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by virividox, Jan 12, 2005.

1. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
  2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Yeah, that was pretty stupid, I cannot imagine what he was thinking, or why someone didn't say something to him, he has to have PR people around him most of the time.... :p

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Absolutely disgraceful... despite the palace's constant PR efforts we see him for what he really is.

An idiotic toff.

Bring on the republic...

4. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Harry got a raw deal, he not handling it well, but I don't imagine his behaviour will get much better.... wait, what am I saying? he's a Prince, get a grip Harry.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Yeah... mental note: When going to a "fancy dress party" don't dress up like a f'n Nazi (especially if you happen to a Prince or something).

Talk about being competely mindless...

Lethal

6. virividox thread starter macrumors 601

virividox

hasnt he been in enough scandals as of late? i guess he just wants to start 2005 of with a bang.

7. iGav macrumors G3

You never know... hopefully somebody will give him a damn good kicking when he joins Sandhurst.

We can but hope.

8. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Fortunately I don't live in England, but even if I did it wouldn't bother me one iota how much of an idiotic *toff* he is.

What would make me livid though, is him being an idiotic *toff* on MY money. If he wants to act like a moron, let him do it with his own money and accept no money from our hard working overtaxed British cousins ;)

9. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

I look at it as a good sign he will cause trouble for that royal "house"
    There are people who want Monarchy but had no say or control when this house took the throne. I would rather have a different house up there, and seeing this tells me that "Harry" isn't that impressed with the people running his life either.

As far as being a person, I think that Harry should be allowed to do what he likes, including make a lot of people angry by wearing Nazi insignia to a party. It probably feels quite good to cause an "action reaction" event all without the "permission" of the people who yank him about on a chain.

Do you really think he is a "Nazi"? Is that what is upsetting people or are only "some" people allowed to juxtapose elements to communicate ideas.

It probably feels quite horrible to know that a large proportion of people think you are a "Nazi" because of what happened in your families past.

Who exactly are we judging here.

Should we say down with the "House of Hanover" and kick the buggers out or just keep nit picking about the the way this House is destroying the "Monarchy" system in Britain.

10. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Exactly. The welfare state for the rich...

11. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Blatant stupidity. There's no excuse. You'd think someone would have piped up and said "erm...excuse me sir, are you sure that's a good idea?" :rolleyes:

12. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Hahaha, not going to happen when you surround yourself with *yes* men.

Just look at some of the idiotic things that our president is proposing, and nobody has the courage to say to him exactly what is in your quote above :mad:

13. bartelby macrumors Core

I've got to say I don't really care!
    It was a fancy dress party!!!!
    Would there be a fuss if a 'normal' person went dressed the same?
    No!
    If the press didn''t blow things totally out of proportion...well they wouldn't sell papers.

14. virividox thread starter macrumors 601

virividox

yes but normal ppl dont have the press on their backs 24/7 and as a future leader of the UK, at the very least a public figure he should use better judgment. sure you can argue that the nazis are so WWII and to get over it because he didnt mean anything and it was harmless fun blah blah blah, but for some ppl this remains a senstive issue, and he as a responsible public figure shouldnt be insentive to those people

15. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

If you can't see this for what it is, then I despair...

It's a massive insult to millions of people and their descendants. The Nazi swastika is a symbol of rascism, fascism and state-sponsored genocide. Even the BNP draw the line at openly displaying Nazi regalia... there's nothing 'ironic' or amusing about the swastika. It's a gross act of insensitivity...

Also, the point is: he's not a 'normal' person, he's 3rd in line to the throne, lives an extremely comfortable life courtesy of the UK taxpayer, and is therefore at one level, a representative of the UK nation.

16. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

"Normal" people aren't possible futures Kings, and at the very least aren't already princes :rolleyes:

17. iGav macrumors G3

He doesn't have to be a part of it though if he doesn't like it, he could quite easily abdicate...

18. virividox thread starter macrumors 601

virividox

i thought you could only abdicate if you were offered the throne

well i think if harry wants to do stupid things then he shouldnt be bankrolled by the tax payer. im not a brit citizen, but i feel sorry that ppl have to pay taxes to help this guy live a cushy life where he goes around doing stupid things embarassing his country and family. cant he take a clue from his older brother who doesnt seem to get into as much trouble as harry

19. kettle macrumors 65816

kettle

Purely from a human perspective, forgetting politics, I don't think it is that easy. He doesn't have to dismiss a concept like it's a multiple choice question, he has to turn on every thing he knows as "family" however twisted that may seem to people of more usual situations.

lesser :rolleyes: mortals amongst us may be able to relate to people accidentally born into family businesses. It is a huge pressure having to hear other people discussing personal future like it's already decided. Anyone who lets down their family will know that it isn't a pleasant process, different members absorbing the break in different ways and slinging blame like it's going to find "correct answers". Which member of his family is Harry supposed to let down first?

I think I'd want to be with my brother.

20. iGav macrumors G3

No... abdicate means to relinquish. He could remove himself from Royal life and commitments if he so desired.

21. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

William has no choice but to behave, he is future king, which maybe part of why Harry gets in to trouble all the time, maybe envy of his big brother?

22. iGav macrumors G3

I agree, but the option is there for him.

What really gets my back up is that the Queen shouldn't actually be the Queen. They traced the rightful 'Monarch' to a guy in Oz.

23. iGav macrumors G3

No... he could abdicate as well.

Can you see where this is going... they should all abdicate and make me King, I'd only ask for 5 grand a week ;) :D

24. bartelby macrumors Core

If I can't see it for what it is?
    I can, a costume at a fancy dress party.
    and obviously he has a concentration camp in his back garden and he's planning to invade Poland!

25. bartelby macrumors Core

I say we don't need a bunch of freeloading toffs at all, sell em to Disney!