Harvard Telescope Looking for Aliens

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by thedude110, Apr 12, 2006.

1. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

Ah, Harvard.

Link.

I mean, it's great that they're looking and all, but ... what do we do when Harvard finds aliens?

2. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

The big question that we should indeed be asking ourselves. :) ;)

3. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

This is great, but I've always wondered if the desire to find extraterrestrial life in uniquely human.

I mean, even if there's someone out there, they might not even feel like talking to us.

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

THat would be really bad... "We spent $30billion searching for y'all and you don't wanna talk to us? Whaaaat?"

It'd be really cool if we found something, yet also terrifying at the same time. What if they're really aggressive? :eek:

5. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I hope they find some. I'm sure they'd be friendly.

6. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

I'm sure they'd want to know about us just as much as we want to know about them. That is if they don't know about us already.

:)

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Well if we do find them and they know that we know we found them...then we might have a war of the worlds part 2.

I for one don't wanna know....because i aint saving nobody!;)

Bless

8. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Oh come on...don't be so heartless 2nyRiggz. ;) :) :)

9. calculus Guest

calculus

Deport them?

10. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I'll go ahead and be pessimistic.

If we haven't found "them" yet it isn't going to happen. Waste of time and money. But at least this time it isn't mine.

11. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

http://www.ufoevidence.orgWaste of time, If Aliens have faster then light travel which they would have to have to transverse large distances of space then what good would slow light communications do for them? Nothing. Looking for ET using Radio or light is a waste of time. A better solution would be to pry loose from the depths of the pentagon and our secretive govt everything they know about Aliens. Thats where we should be looking. They have been twisting and spinning the UFO phenomenon since WW2. Why else the release of all this information through the freedom of information act only to get thousands of pages that are all blacked out. Our Govt knows they are there and the tech makes our tech look like stone knives and bearskins. Heck we had overflights in the 50s and just a few years ago of the whitehouse and it was ignored and spun into anything they could get away with. In the 50s Ufo's were seen visually and by radar and yet our govt choose to downplay the fact that they were even there. Lies & spin by our own govt because its something they cant control or do anything about. Et has been watching us since biblical times. Feel free to educate yourself on how our govt is keeping this underwarps at the site i posted. (edit) when i say govt i mean a few in Govt while 99% of govt is out of this loop.

12. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

Oh, dear god. You're one of those people.

:p

Seriously, though, alien contact is for B-rated movies, comic books, and conspiracy theories. You're starting to sound like one of those tin helmet wearers.

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Do you mean to say that the tin helmets don't work? ;) :D

14. Spock macrumors 68000

Spock

The human race is not ready for contact with a extraterrestrial life. Humans cant even get along with eachother let alone an Alien

15. KingSleaze macrumors 6502

What, like humans?

Be afraid, be very afraid.

16. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Ya. look at all the protests going on lately.:rolleyes:

17. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

i think if there are aliens out there they should land their ships in terrorist infested regions just to confuse the hell out of the terrorists and their fundamentalist views

ok im looking at that site.. ufoevidence.org and it looks like whoever made the site went through a lot of effort to put some of that stuff up. is all that stuff for real? im thinkin clever photoshop jobs....:cool:

18. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

the goverment? the goverment is usually the last one to know anyway. remember the WMDs?:D

anyway, since you say they are here i have to go now and get a tin hat to protect my mind........

19. UKnjb macrumors 6502a

UKnjb

i thought that you guys in the USA, Harvard or wherever, had managed to actually catch an alien a few years back and you went and made him President! :) And now look at the fine mess he's getting us all into.

20. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

So very true. Its sad that folks have such closed minds that even when astronauts,pilots presidents,radar operarators report and see these objects they are ignored. Look at the posters here so confident in their arrogance yet its clear they have never researched this and have no idea. Our Govt has sure done one hell of a cover up on this for there to be nothing to it. And yes all thats stuff is real and Congress has even held open hearings on this very subject with former pilots and astronauts.

21. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Lets not piss off the Aliens, Do we really want the movie Independence Day to come true. The last thing we need is Will Smith driving a spaceship.:eek:

22. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

No, we do not want an Independence Day situation to occur.

Good point. ;) :D

23. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

They'll probably invite us for dinner...and eat us. :eek:

24. commonpeople macrumors regular

Ah yes- people who follow science and rationality are 'close-minded' and 'arrogant' according to those in the know.

I'm a working scientist- and it's us arrogant and close-minded people who have discovered the extent of the universe, built telescopes to observe galaxies thousands of light-years away and have peered back billions of years in time to observe the cosmic background radiation that shows evidence of the big bang.

It's also us arrogant and close-minded people who have designed and built SETI- which is our best hope for searching the stars for alien life. But of course that's a waste of time for you- because it's all just a big government cover-up in any case.

(When I say 'us', I mean all rational people and scientists everywhere- I've only contributed a tiny tiny tiny speck myself)

25. commonpeople macrumors regular

How is that logic right? By that logic- if we haven't discovered something- then we'll never discover it- thus nothing will ever be discovered ever!