Has Anybody Ordered a New 80 GB Video or Nano?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by AppleGuy08, Sep 13, 2006.

1. AppleGuy08 macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

Hey all. Its been a while since i last posted. Over here in Sacramento, Ca, things seem to be going a bit slow. After i heard about the new iPods on tuesday, i anxiously went over to the Apple store in Arden Fair Mall. With cash in hand, ready to get my new 80gb Video, i was turned away because they hadnt even gotten the frappin shipment in!! No nanos, no shuffles, no videos. So i thoght this was understadable, and i wasnt too pissed (although i was a bit.) So this time i got smart and called (wed.) and still...no ipods! The associate was less than helpful with his exact words.."Ummmmm, umm, well get them sometime this week i think." lol. Its rediculous when the apple store cant even get their stuff in on time. they could of sold hundreds of them in these 2 days. So i said screw it and ordered it online with the express shipping.

Im just wandering if this happened to anyone else, or if yall just ordered it online in the first place. Get at me!

2. Synapple macrumors regular

I've ordered a new nano online, as I normally do with my iPods.

I'm glad I did: I ordered yesterday and according to the tracking page it is already currently out for delivery!

Not bad considering it has travelled from The Netherlands to Italy in less than 24 hours! :cool:

3. AppleGuy08 thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

hah, yea that is rather good time. your lil' nano is a globe trekker. apple says mine is slated to come on the 20th, but i think thats like, the absolute latest time it would because i ordered it with the express shipping. So im guessing it will take a day or so to process it, then another 2 to get it here, so im hoping to be sporting one at the end of the weekend.

4. Synapple macrumors regular

Yeah, my nano was originally due to be delivered on the 26... I think it's pretty safe to assume you'll get yours pretty fast!
    In the meanwhile just keep refreshing the order status page... it's one of the most exciting feelings when you actually get an update! Apple stuff getting closer... :drools: :D

5. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

I ordered a nano online last night, and my friend did the very same on release day. :) As far as i'm aware it's looking like his will arrive today/tommorow.

6. mckvakk macrumors regular

I ordered a 30GB yesterday. It has not yet shipped, and since it has to go from asia (they don't have them in stock elsewhere), i doubt i'll get it before the weekend:(

7. robPOD macrumors 6502

hopefully ill get mine by the end of the month

8. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

I never bother ordering new product since the local Apple stores have them in stock on the same day or the following day. Case in point, I bought a new Nano and 30gb iPod today... :)

9. a456 macrumors 6502a

a456

80GB Nano

I just ordered an 80GB Nano but the shipping time is 5-10 years, lol.:D

10. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

Ordered my nano not long after they were introduced and mine is already on it's way with a scheduled delivery date of 4:30 p.m. today. I'm excited!

11. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Ordered my 80GB two days ago. I'd buy in store but I got a £23 discount code and I get cashback via Quidco too so it worked out around 30 quid cheaper. Which will go towards purchasing a nano. ;-)

No sign of it shipping yet.

12. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I'm ordering a 60gig video from the apple refurb site. It is only $229, and the only thing I'm not getting that the new ones have is a brighter screen, I didn't even think anything was wrong with the old screens. That, to me, is really the best deal on the Apple site right now.

13. islandman macrumors 6502

I ordered an 80GB online and it shipped yesterday. Can't wait!

14. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

I ordered it Tuesday, and had to call yesterday for another reason about the order. They said it was shipping within the hour.

Still hasn't shipped =/

But either way, ground shipping from Apple's warehouse takes one day, so I'm hoping I'll have it tomorrow!

15. islandman macrumors 6502

Did you happen to buy a case for yours? If so, which one? I went with another Agent 18 case, but I looked at the iSkin again.

16. MisterEd macrumors 6502

Really? mine says only 3-4 years... how weird!

:D

17. AppleGuy08 thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

lol, damn. mine still hasnt shipped yet, and i dont want to call apple because chances are, they just got them in today lol. screw it tho, i can wait a few days.

18. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

No, I didn't. I'll probably buy one through Amazon. Everything is much cheaper there.

19. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

I got my Silver nano today. It's GREAT! This is my first nano and it's SO SMALL! Crazy stuff. It works great. I may take a pic of it later and post it. Right now, it's charging.

20. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

I just got by BLUE nano..and it is great too. the brightness is so much better than the past nano.

21. AppleGuy08 thread starter macrumors 6502

AppleGuy08

Sounds good guys. I wander why nanos are shipping significantly faster than the videos. I even bought the 2 day shipping for the extra 12 dollars and it says it wont be delivered till the 20th! I ordered it yesterday (wed.) i might add. Im just hoping it comes on the weekend so ill be home to sign for it.

Doesnt apple ship through DHL? I believe they do because i have ordered replacemet headphones from depot.info.apple.com, and they always came through them.

OH, and i have to ask, how are the new headphones?

22. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

My nano shipped via FedEx. I ordered it Tuesday and it got here earlier today. (Thursday)

As far as the headphones go, I didn't even take them out of the box. I have a pair of normal Sony headphones that I use. (not earbuds)

23. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

My local Apple store had the Nano's in stock on Wednesday, but no new videos.

The new headphones are definitely an improvement! More comfortable, and seem to sound a little better.

24. mannix87 macrumors 6502

I noticed the same thing in the local Apple Store here. not that I wanted to buy 1. anyways, while I was there a few days ago i
    overheard from some interested buyers who were looking for the 80GBs but were told Apple doesnt have any in stock. Instead they were asked if they were interested in getting the 30GBs (w/c Apple seems to be clearing out first before the new models arrive) since some of them didnt know any better, they got the 30GBs.

25. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

Yeah, i want the 80GB and i called tues and thurs to the three apple stores around the dallas area. tues they had nothing. wed 2 had the nano. i didnt call thurs cause the 80GB went from "the end of this week" to "maybe next week sometime" so i dont know! would it be faster just to order one online? or would that take even longer??!?!? im affraid if they ship at the same time (to me and to the store) that the store will get theirs quickly and mine will take longer (im to cheap to pay for next day shipping or whatever) maybe the apple store will have a surprise for me when i call today and they will have them in!