Has anyone bought a Refurb iPod Mini?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by MattyMac, Oct 2, 2006.

1. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

I am planning on buying a blue refurbished iPod mini from the apple store...thus why I am selling my nano. Has anyone bought one of these...not necessarily blue, but any color. Just wondering what the condition will be like. I just don't want to get a scratched up mini or anything like that. I'm just hoping that they are left over stock or something along those lines.

Any insight?

2. KevKaos macrumors 6502

I had the same worries as you but I was looking to buy a 60GB iPod video (black). A friend of mine had a refurb black Nano that he showed me and he said not to worry because it would arrive looking mint. I ordered and he was correct. Not a single scratch to be found anywhere. Even had the plastic film on it front and back just like the new ones. Go for it Dude. I don't think you will be sorry.

3. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Nice! THanks buddy.

Still since the mini is much older than the video, I wouldn't mind some feedback from a mini buyer...anyone out there??

4. KevKaos macrumors 6502

Yeah, I see your point, but I swear they must totally overhual this things with new cases and everything to come in looking this clean. I am SOOOO glad I didn't buy one of those returned iPods at Circuit City. They had these ones that had been returned but checked out by their service supplier, but they all looked like crap. Refurb is the way to go if you don't have to have brand spankin' new. Good luck.

5. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I bought a refurbished blue iPod mini a few months ago. Was perfectly fine and was in great condition. I wouldn't be surprised if Apple gives all refurbished iPods a new casing.

6. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Nice! That's all I needed to know. Thanks alot kainjow!

7. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

They are really nice, a friend got one. Looked brand new. Good luck with it.

8. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Sweet...now I just need to decide...4GB or 6GB for only 30$ more:confused:

9. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

How many songs do you have? 4GB is roughly 950 songs, 6GB is roughly 1,400 songs.

10. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yeah I know...I have more than 4GB and less than 6GB, but I do have other iPods...I'm sort of just getting this since I collect iPods:rolleyes:

Yeah I just checked, I have 4.93gb...maybe I should go with the 6GB.

11. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

id go with the 6 gig, but if you just colect them it is 30 towards the next ipod.

12. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Cool, I was wondering whether or not to buy one I wasn't sure if it was worth it. Sounds worth it for the price.

13. MattyMac thread starter macrumors 68000

MattyMac

Yeah I think I will be ordering one tonight:D