Has anyone bought or seen the iCarPlay from Monster yet?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by spaceballl, Dec 25, 2003.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

First of all, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it today. I hope everyone's having some good food and great family time.

I'd like to treat myself to a belated Christmas gift and get an iPod FM transmitter. After reading the mixed reviews of the iTrip, I'm discouraged from that. All of the rest have quite varying reports and most others require batteries. Is anyone aware of the new iCarPlay from Monster? I plan on ordering it from the Apple online store within the next couple days, but as I read the press release for it just a couple weeks ago, I've heard no user feedback on it. The fact that it uses the line-in port and combines a charger with an FM transmitter are very intriguing to me. Any news on whether this is using a better chip than rival transmitters? how's the sound compare with the line out port vs. the headphone one? Let me know!

-Kev

2. Macpoops macrumors 6502

I take your talking about the iCarplay Wireless. I think no matter what FM transmitter you use unless it's hardwired into your antenna, it's going to have some degradation, regardless of whether it's a line-in or the headphone jack. I have a classic itrip and the sound quality is great IMO. The one thing about the itrip has on the iCarplay is much more options when it comes to channels. To me 8 just doesn't seem like enough. What problems concern you about the itrip?