Has anyone bought RAM from Omni Technologies?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Zeekium, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Zeekium macrumors newbie

Zeekium

Hey everyone, when I get my iMac G5 I will definantly be getting a gig of RAM and then buy a second gig when I get the money. I searched around the net for good Apple RAM prices and Omni Technologies has the best price. They give lifetime warrenty and everything, but there RAM for the iMac G5's is for the Rev. A Specs... So I don't know if it is compatible with the Rev. B's. If anyone has bought RAM from these guys plz tell me if they were good because they have amazing prices.

Heres a link to the RAM: iMac G5 RAM

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

The Rev. B has the same specs as the Rev. A

I have never bought from Omni Technologies. Their prices are aggressive (on some modules at least). I find their advertising to be full of hyperbole and marketing nonsense words "Certified OEM Manufacturer" "Certified 100% Platform Compliant" means nothing, neither does "HyperFormance". They are an "Apple Developer" -- so can anyone be by filling out a form on Apple's site.

In the USA, for a few dollars more I prefer Data Memory Systems, who are real Mac people who have been in business 17 years.
    Data Memory Systems

Thanks
    Trevor
    CanadaRAM.com

3. Zeekium thread starter macrumors newbie

Zeekium

Thanks CanadaRAM, i'll check out that site you posted :)