Has anyone else ever seen or love He-man!?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by meaculpa20v, May 18, 2006.

1. meaculpa20v macrumors newbie

meaculpa20v

I feel like He-man was huge when i was a kid, one of my most cherished toys i had was a he-man action figure with an accompanying skeletor figure. haha!

The thing is that I have almost never met anyone else who has heard of he-man (I have only met one other person, other then my brother who watched the show with me.)

The only other time people have been exposed to he-man is during the short mention during the second ghostbusters movie. "Who do you call? He-man!!"

What is this? Was I part of some parallel universe where he-man was the MAN!? haha What I am trying to say is, give me a reply if you loved he-man too. NICE!!

For those who want to know more:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/He-man

Eric

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

HEMAN was one of my favorite cartoons along with Thundercats, Transformers, and GI Joe.:p

3. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

By the power, of GREEEYYYSKULLL!!!!

He-man, She-ra, Battle Cat, thundercats, voltron, transformers, and followed by the Gummi Bears and the Smurfs.

God how I miss the good cartoons in the morning, now all we get here is anime and anime is just not early morning cartoon material. Sorry folks, but it's just not. (except for voltron)....and transformers. The old transformers though, when the the action figures were made out of metal.

I had a metal Optimus Prime as a child, it was in pristine condition when my mother sold it at a garage sale many years ago for a few dollars. When I found out it was worth a mint I was ropable!!

5. faintember macrumors 65816

faintember

Yeah i had the He-man, Voltron, Transformers, and Thundercats stuff. I loved it back in the day.

6. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

I remember I had a He-man book when I was 4 or 5. In kindergarten we had a reading/nap time and I took the book everyday to read... over and over. I never read any other book, I never napped either. One day a fellow classmate asked if she could see it. I gave it to her, thinking she would give it back to me. But she didn't. She kept it for the whole nap time, and all I could do was crawl into the futon and cry. I never let another soul touch that book ever again.

Yeah...

Now I don't know where that book went.

irmongoose

7. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

You're certainly not the only one who remembers He-man. I'm about 30, and when I was young I had a pretty complete set of action figures and such. I even had a Castle Grayskull that I was pretty proud of. It had all kinds of trapdoors and such, very sweet.

http://castlegrayskull.org/

[​IMG]

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Man, I miss that era of cartoons. Great stuff.

Speaking of, does anyone remember a cartoon from that era called Silverhawks (iirc)? It used to be on right after Thundercats in my local area. Ring any bells?

Never liked the Smurfs or Gummi Bears though, although the latter had one of the catchiest theme-songs ever.

Classic Pink Panther/Ant and Aardvark/Inspector cartoons remain the undisputed cartoon champion(s) in my book.

10. nw43 macrumors regular

Anyone remember the film "Masters of the Universe" with Dolph Lundgren and Courtenay Cox. That was great too! :D

[​IMG]

11. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Yeah, He-man forever!:D

I had ca 20 figures back in the 80ies, He-man and Captain Future (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Future) were my heroes as a child.

Recently I found the He-man figures in a box on the attic. I took them with me and the box is now stored safe in a cabinet in my work room. Good thing my Father did not throw them away. :)

12. thedude110 macrumors 68020

thedude110

There were times when money was tight when I was growing up, and I remember going to Mr. Amazing (a manufacturer's closeout kinda store -- equivalent of an Ocean State Job Lot) to get "juice glasses."

We walked out with He-Man juice glasses because I absolutely fell in love with them.

Kicker is, my parents still have them in their cabinets -- though they never use them!

[​IMG]

13. MultiM macrumors 6502

MultiM

I loved He-man and Thundercats. Thought I was the only one who ever heard of the Thundercats. My favorite was the Gummi Bears though....(I'm over 40, how scary is that??????????):D

14. hikeNM macrumors 6502a

"We've got to find the cosmic key!!!"

15. meaculpa20v thread starter macrumors newbie

meaculpa20v

I see your tansformers and G.I. Joe and raise you a ninja turtles and ghostbusters.

Oh MAN!! it's on DVD!! I have to get it. HAVE TO!!

Yeah I totally remember the movie. I just remember thinking to myself when it's a cartoon people don't seem as naked. haha

Nice to know I'm not alone. It's weird though I'm only 22. I think the show as on 83-85. That makes me two when watched it? :confused: That can't be right. How would remember it?

I HAVE THE POWER!!! :D

Eric

16. fradac macrumors regular

My brother and I grew up on HE-MAN back in india. So we bought the season one DVD when it came out

seen it twice ;)

17. emw macrumors G4

emw

Of course I remember He-Man! Yes, and Thundercats, although that got old pretty fast. Snarf? Come on.

Some other favorites - Johnny Quest (one of the few cartoons where people died, at least at the time), Tarzan, and Dungeons and Dragons.

18. Queso macrumors G4

Ah it comes flooding back

I am Adam, Prince of Eternia and keeper of the secrets of Castle Greyskull. This is Cringer, my <chuckles> fearless friend. Fabulous powers were revealed to me the day I held aloft my magic sword and said "By the Power of Greyskull"

I HAVE THE POWER!!

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

"BRAAAAVE STAAAAAR.....BRAAAAVE STAAAAR......eyes of a hawk, ears of a wolf...........BRAAAAVESTAAAR.......strength of a bear, speed of a PUUUUMAAAA!!"

Yeah, I remember and loved all those cartoons.

And if you don't know anyone who loves He-Man, you're either hanging with a really old, or very young crowd, because nobody in the 23-27 age group could have missed He-Man.

20. asxtb macrumors 6502

When the movie came out my mom took me to see it and we were the only people in the theater that day. I'll always remember that.

21. blitzkrieg79 macrumors 6502

blitzkrieg79

Man, I miss those days, those were the cartoons I grew up on, He-Man, Thunder Cats, Gummi Bears, Smurfs, Duck Tales, even Captain Planet lol These days I just don't get the cartoons and all those crazy Pokemons and stuff, my little cousin is into that, sometimes I watch with him but quite frankly I think it all stinks. Maybe it's a generation thing.

Heck I am 27 and sometimes I still turn on the Disney Channel to watch few good oldies.

22. emw macrumors G4

emw

I didn't realize that 28 now qualified as "really old"! :p

I'm almost 37, and I've got fond memories of He-Man and the rest... ;)

23. Queso macrumors G4

I'm glad you posted that. Maybe we should get our pipes and slippers out and suck on Werther's Originals by the fire.

33 years old and I'm written off by ageism already. The youth of today have no respect.

24. Lau Guest

I love this kind of merchandise stuff. I found a really retro he-man bag in a charity shop a while ago, still in its wrapping. I think I might flog it on eBay though, cause I never use it.

Attached Files:

25. vniow macrumors G4

Whatever. The Thundercats and Conan the Barbarian would totally whip He-man's ass.