Has Anyone Else Heard This Rumour? (iTunes 5/iTMS Australia)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by .:*Robot Boy*:., Aug 16, 2005.

1. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

Hey,
    I know the connection is pretty flakey, but I heard from a friend of an iTMS employee that iTMS Australia is going to be opened on, or around, September 7th and that there would be a new version of iTunes (which I assume would be iTunes 5.0, due to the fact that there are supposedly going to be new file formats added) released around the same time.

Also, there are, apparently, no plans to open a New Zealand iTMS :mad:

So... is there anyone out there who can back this up?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

3. TobyM macrumors member

itunes 5 in a few weeks sounds pretty early....

i think they´ll combine the itunes 5-release with the release of a new ipod, maybe at the paris expo, maybe later, but within this year.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

There's a backend for it.

Also, the new release might just be 4.10 or 4.9.1.

Attached Files:

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

*shakes fist*

You better not be lying or I'll.....grrr.......

;)

6. .:*Robot Boy*:. thread starter macrumors 6502

Oops! What I meant to say was that there was no intention to introduce iTMS NZ at the same time as iTMS Australia :eek:

As for the 4.10/4.9.1 thing, the only thing that made me suspect that the update could be to iTunes 5 was the hint that there would be support for new file formats. This, of course, would tie in with the new iPod. I'm hoping for an HE-AAC compatible iPod.

EDIT: Also, according to a number of employees at FMR (Festival Mushroom Records), iTMS NZ is still a few months away. I just hope they're trying to throw me off of the scent ;)

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Does anyone know if the Australian back end is still there? I have no idea where to even start when it comes to hacking my way through iTMS. :(

8. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

That doesn't make much sense, because most (all?) of the music licences are the same between both countries. I don't see any reason why they couldn't release both at the same time.

9. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Don't let the iTMS Australia rumor be like the iTMS Canada one!! :eek:

... too late ;) :p

10. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Well at the rate things are going, we'll have iTMS Guatemala before NZ :eek:

11. jc27 macrumors newbie

Haven't we gotten our new iPod in the form of the iPod with color display?
    Couldn't they activate HE-AAC via software update, like they did with iTunes 4.5 and Apple Lossless?

12. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

i would love a guatemalan store :) Hang on what sort of music do they have there? Ooga Booga or perhaps awimbawe awimbawe in the jungle the mighty jungle... oops another tangent. We want aussie store now, stop being pricks sony i know it is you come on bro hurry it up

p.s sorry to all offended nations/tribes etc

13. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    How about a little sensitivity, this sounds borderline oppressive, and its offensive.

P.S. "the mighty jungle" is from the song the lion sleeps tonight which contains Zulu words, therefore making your post even more worthless and useless considering that tribe is from Africa, which I'll assume according to your uneducated post you didn't know was a different continent. There are 7 of them. Can you count to seven? 1,2,3,4,5,6 and 7! Oh and I could careless about your disclaimer apologizing to any offended nations or tribes, how about you just don't say it?

14. the_freddinator macrumors regular

All I want from iTunes 5 (or 4.1 or whatever it'll be) is a decoder for freaking copy-protected cds. I can't listen to some of these new cds because they're in encoded wma's (maybe they're called wmx's?) and it makes me mad.

15. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Eh? I thought this was only a problem for PC iTunes users? Haven't heard of anyone having problems on their Macs....

16. .:*Robot Boy*:. thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I was always under the impression that this was the case. But after having talked to the FMR guys, iTMS NZ is looking to be further and further away. Maybe there's some other reason for a delay between the introduction of iTMS Australia and iTMS NZ? Like, I dunno, some administrative thing (such as the distribution of royalties)? Or maybe (don't hurt me) they just don't see iTMS NZ as being a profitable enterprise? :confused:

17. the_freddinator macrumors regular

Not that I've looked in to. the newer copy-protected cds (kings of leon, for example) are only playable on MS mp3 players or through windows media. You can't listen to the music through anything other than an MS program. But then again, I am running a windows machine. But what I read from their specifications was the above.

18. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

Where did the used say he used a mac?

There are a lot of PC users on this forum.