Has anyone else seen and loved Cowboy Bebop?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spike Spiegel, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

just wondering if anyone has seen this truly amazing animé. by the time it aired on cartoon network i had all the dvd's. it has such an eclectic style and superior voice acting, im gonna see arn about getting my name changed to spike spiegel

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I originally saw it on Cartoon Network last spring when it was still on Sunday nights. Since they changed it to Saturday nights I have not see it on broadcast. I do own all the DVDs though.

3. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

I'm more of a fan of their other Adult Swim offerings. Mission Hill, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Sealab 2021, etc.

Damn those are funny. Then again, I've never been into anime all that much.

Taft

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Cowboy Bebop was the only reason I started watching the rest of Adult Swim. I do find that my favorites are Mission Hill, The Brak Show, Sealab 2021, and Space Ghost Coast to Coast. Though they run too many reruns so I have kind of taken a break from it.

5. dreamlance macrumors regular

"Edward is very busy. Please try again later!"

That girl is too funny.

I like the Brak Show too but unfortunately, campus doesn't get Cartoon Network so I only get to watch Adult Swim during semester breaks.

6. Spike Spiegel thread starter macrumors regular

mission hill, sealab, and space ghost are the best, although i did see an awesome aqua teen hunger force the other night about mold.

7. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

The mold one was pretty funny especially when shake got sick and had to eat him.

8. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

FattyMembrane

i've been a big adult swim fan since the first showing, and i have to admit that cowboy bebop is one hell of a show. i'm not an anime fan at all, but it was so much cooler and very different from any other anime i'd ever seen. the animation was excellent, the plot was very slick, unlike your typical evil corporation-creepy kid that controls the world-i am not a number-i love the environment sentiment (e.g. akira, spriggen, mononoke, and every other anime movie) premise. and the music is absolutely amazing.

of course, sealab and athf are my favorites, and SG is the king of all media.

9. Spike Spiegel thread starter macrumors regular

i agree with you on every point except mononoke. it was a very good film despite its ham-handed moral aspects. the music in bebop is so awesome because it draws from music of all types and never repeats. also, spike is a wicked bad-ass