Has anyone ever had this happen 15"rMBP? Video Available

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by renosausage, Feb 4, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Check this out....

Notice the wallpaper before and after a restart

View My Video

This happens every time I restart my machine.

Anyone got any clues???

2. macrumors 6502

Hmmm... I've tried to have a custom wallpaper - but after restart it goes to the default Mountain Lion one, not the one that your laptop displayed.

3. macrumors 6502a

runebinder

No idea but the wallpaper after the restart is awesome, as it's not one of the stock Apple ones, where'd you get it?

4. macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

You have to have the file that you want your background to be, say avengers.jpg to be actually on your computer somewhere. Try putting the file in Pictures and then setting your wallpaper. :apple:

5. macrumors member

This also happens to me, I've just given up trying to fix it, and accept the background which it keeps switching back to ever restart. It's happened for so long, I'm amazed apple haven't fixed it yet.

6. macrumors 6502

If I recall correctly, what I did to resolve this issue was replacing my "com.apple.desktop.plist" and "com.apple.desktop.plist.lockfile" with older versions from backups. You can locate the files at your user directory/Library/Preferences. Don't try deleting the files and restarting your computer, as the files will restore and return to having the same issue (I think).

7. macrumors member

Follow these steps correctly:

1. Delete this file - "com.apple.desktop.plist" in /Library/Preferences
    2. Log out and Log in (Not restart)
    2. Set new wallpaper
    3. Log out and Log in (Not restart)
    4. Now restart and the new wallpaper should be saved

You don't have to do these steps every single time you change wallpaper. This worked for me. This fix was also mentioned on other posts.

8. renosausage, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013

thread starter macrumors regular

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Eta_Carinae_Nebula_1.jpg

There ya go:

You can download different resolutions from the upper right corner "download all sizes" link

Oh!, by the way it's a lot easier to use the secondary click on your trackpad and select "download link."

If you just click it, safari will try to download the jpeg directly into the browser. This causes safari to crash for me. Unless you download a smaller file size of course.

----------

Thank you this fixed it:D

9. macrumors 6502a

runebinder

Thanks renosausage, that's an insane resolution on the maximum size for the picture.