Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
I was just wondering if anyone had ever made a vesa mount that didn't look like a piece of crap?

More specifically I'm getting a new 27 inch monitor and I'd like a decent desk mount/stand with good articulation that's not just a horrible black bar?

Also articulation takes second place to looks here as I'm not really that bothered about how much it could move, but it would be a bonus.

ZivaD

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
I was just wondering if anyone had ever made a vesa mount that didn't look like a piece of crap?

More specifically I'm getting a new 27 inch monitor and I'd like a decent desk mount/stand with good articulation that's not just a horrible black bar?

Also articulation takes second place to looks here as I'm not really that bothered about how much it could move, but it would be a bonus.

Humanscale M8

http://www.humanscale.com/products/product_detail.cfm?group=m8

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
I have the Ergotron MX Deskmount, well my wife is using it at work now, with an older iMac 27" which is 9lbs heavier than the newer model.

This isn't my pic, Ergotron also makes an MX wall mount.

Attachments

• mx-inuse1_web.jpg
    mx-inuse1_web.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 350

ZivaD

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
My M8 was about £400 when i bought it but I have since seen them for about £200 (couple of years later mind you) more finishes available now too, I'm considering a second one with a thunderbolt display on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.