Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clockworkorange

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2008
I used to have keyboard sounds enabled, but now I just use Haptic Pro, still gives me feedback and it doesn't annoy anyone (battery life takes a 30min hit, nothing a quick charge won't fix) :D

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
Yes, I've told many people to turn there phone off, silence it or what ever needs to be said because they are being rude.

Same thing as those god awful walkie talkies Sprint use to have. I've had to say something countless times when somebody would start having a conversation in a restaurant on those damn things. So glad they are almost gone.

Reactions: compwiz1202

mattroman246

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
My girlfriend gets so irritated by them an immediately tells me to turn them off. But I think she's just scared I'm talking to other girls. Hahaha

bozzykid

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2009
Wow, most people have them off? Mine is switched on, don't find them annoying. Or rather I'm used to it.:D

Well, I can't imagine the person using them with the clicks on finds them annoying. It's the people around you that do :)

bonskovsky

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 31, 2012
I was sitting with my manager just tip typing away. But it just got too annoying and so I had to shut it down.

Nioxic

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2011
Denmark
it was the first thing i did on my iphone, ipad, samsung phone and so on.

the sound is the same, and hearing it over and over and over and over again hurts my ears.
it reminds of of the sound of a sword swing in a game. it also hurt my ears so much, i had to play it without volume at all.

i really dislike when people use that click sound.

i really love that my samsung phone just has a small vibration when i click buttons. why cant iphone have that ?

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
Use some common sense. If you are in a library, mute your phone. If you're out in public, do what you want.
Why does one even need to ask this question?

Reactions: Blueline29

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Never had a problem with it. I feel like the silence button controls keyboard sounds well enough; the clicking noise has never bothered me otherwise.

friedmud

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
Heh: I just got into it with a girl in the waiting room at the hospital.

I've been waiting for about an hour in dead silence... she comes in with her phone volume turned up to max and sits down and is typing away... tons of clicks, bops, beeps, swooshes, etc (obviously not an iPhone by the sound of it). One of her friends sends her a video with sound in it and it blares out at top volume.

After about 30 minutes of this I'm pissed. I ask her to turn off the sound on her phone... she gets all pissy and tells me mind my own business. I pull out my laptop and start blasting indie rock... I mean... if _you're_ going to be loud... then I can do that too.

After a bit she gets up and leaves... but not without epic eye rolling ;-)

Reactions: decypher44

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Heh: I just got into it with a girl in the waiting room at the hospital.

I've been waiting for about an hour in dead silence... she comes in with her phone volume turned up to max and sits down and is typing away... tons of clicks, bops, beeps, swooshes, etc (obviously not an iPhone by the sound of it). One of her friends sends her a video with sound in it and it blares out at top volume.

After about 30 minutes of this I'm pissed. I ask her to turn off the sound on her phone... she gets all pissy and tells me mind my own business. I pull out my laptop and start blasting indie rock... I mean... if _you're_ going to be loud... then I can do that too.

After a bit she gets up and leaves... but not without epic eye rolling ;-)

I am pretty sure after 3 almost three years this has been resolved.

Reactions: friedmud

LunarFalcon

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2007
Same thing as those god awful walkie talkies Sprint use to have. I've had to say something countless times when somebody would start having a conversation in a restaurant on those damn things. So glad they are almost gone.

Those Spring/Nextel walkies were so obnoxious. Hearing that noise repeatedly was so grating and irritating. I'd take keyboard clicks over that any day.

Lisa Mellon Carlquist

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2020
Do some people find them annoying, I'd just like to know, I think they're a necessary evil.

I'm sitting here in the library just tip typing away, and I'm wondering if anyone can actually hear it.
IT IS SO ANNOYING. Today I was in the waiting room at a doctor's office and TWO people had their keyboard clicks on.I tried to sit through it, but couldn't. Told the receptionist to call me as I would be waiting in my car. People probably thought I was paranoid of COVID but it was the DREADED KEYBOARD CLICKING! TURN IT OFF.

Reactions: decypher44

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
IT IS SO ANNOYING. Today I was in the waiting room at a doctor's office and TWO people had their keyboard clicks on.I tried to sit through it, but couldn't. Told the receptionist to call me as I would be waiting in my car. People probably thought I was paranoid of COVID but it was the DREADED KEYBOARD CLICKING! TURN IT OFF.
The forum member your replying to hasn't been active on this forum since February 26, 2013....

Reactions: iZac and DevinNj

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Yes, I've told many people to turn there phone off, silence it or what ever needs to be said because they are being rude.

YES!!! Hate those sounds. At least over time other choices came along instead of the REEEEEEEE into your brain sound!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.