Has anyone figured out a way to plug an Xbox360 into the Thunderbolt iMac yet?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ivbaseball06, Nov 28, 2012.

1. macrumors member

I was browsing around and found the device that was made that worked with the pre-Thunderbolt iMacs. It seems that they never updated to work with the new ones.

I just picked up a 27" and would love to be able to plug a console into it. Has anyone figured out a workaround that works? I figure not, but it's worth a shot!

2. macrumors 603

There's no way. Sorry. A LOT of us have been waiting for this support for a long time. I gave up. Thankfully with my 2009 27" iMac I've been able to connect whatever I want, but I've been wanting to upgrade for a while, so I bought a separate monitor for my other devices for the new iMac.

And yes, it's ridiculous to have to do this with a perfectly good 27" screen in front of me, but there you go..

3. thread starter macrumors member

What a bummer. I'm actually considering buying another 27" monitor to put beside my desk, just for TV and XBOX. It would be amazing to use the iMac as a true AIO.

4. macrumors 6502a

You need an HDMI video capture box. OWC has one available for the Mac, I believe.

5. macrumors 603

That's not a perfect solution, from what I gather. Causes input lag and other issues. But I'm not so familiar with it. All I gather is that it's not a "satisfactory" solution.

Others may know more, though...

6. thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, that would be my concern. Any lag and playing Live would be impossible. It would even make games annoying if you touched a button and a second later saw the result.