Has anyone had a 'glitch in the system' with your phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shenfrey, Jan 12, 2013.

1. shenfrey, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013

macrumors 65816

shenfrey

My shortcuts just stopped working and didn't start working again until I restarted my phone.

You guys have/had any problems like this?

2. macrumors G5

jav6454

I've had several other glitches. There are always glitches; some of which are used to jailbreak the device.

3. macrumors 603

scaredpoet

For a while yesterday, my synced bookmarks disappeared from my iPad, leaving jsut the stock bookmarks (Google, Apple, Bing, etc), while my macs and other devices still had everything. But it all came back about 30 minutes later *shrug*

4. macrumors member

Yes, I've had the disappearing shortcuts issue on my iPhone. But as you can see above, you'll find people reporting these types of issues on the iPhone and the iPad as well, since it's not a hardware issue. Evidently, it's related to iOS 6. There are several workarounds, but unfortunately, not of them appear to be permanent. Hard resetting my iPhone usually fixes this for me, until the next time it shows up, and then I just hard reset it again.

Other temporary fixes can be found here: iOS 6 Keyboard Shortcuts Not Working

5. thread starter macrumors 65816

shenfrey

The other day I was having random freezes as well which have completely disappeared since restarting my phone. I guess ios 6 isn't as optimised as believed it to be. Still the best damn operating system on a phone tho in my opinion :)