Has Anyone Had Problems Buy From BoundlessTech.com?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by .:*Robot Boy*:., Feb 3, 2005.

1. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

Hi,
    The other day I ordered a 1GB PC2700 DDR333....... RAM module for the Powerbook I'm about to get.

I live in New Zealand and it's hard to find companies that will ship outside of the US, so I was overjoyed when I came across their site. In my excitement I payed with my Visa card, only to receive an email a few hours later saying that they couldn't accept international credit cards and that I would need to pay via Paypal... the problem is that they had in fact charged my Visa card. I replied and asked that they refund my card so that I could re-pay via Paypal. About two days later I got an email denying that they had charged my card... which is absurd because, according to my online Visa statement, my available credit has dropped by US$230 (the exact value of my order).

So... I don't know what to do now, I can't force them to refund my card but I feel I should give them the benefit of the doubt before I go calling my credit card company. Has anyone else had problems with BoundlessTech.com (a division of PowerlineMemory.com)?

This is starting to drive me insane, they take forever to reply to their emails!

Anyway... rant over... thankyou.
    Tim.

2. timsq macrumors regular

timsq

Definitly call your credit card company as they can tell you who charged your card and then you can dispute the charge as needed and find someone else to sell you stuff. It's not worth the hassle of dealing with Paypal if they're doing business like that. Oh, and thanks for the warning...