Has anyone here used Uno before?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Stridder44, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Has anyone here used Uno before? You can check it out here. We all know how OS X is mixed with Aqua, Metal, Unified and whatnot, and basically what this does is unify all windows to the Unified look. It's free, looks solid, and has lots of good reviews on MacUpdate.

Im wondering if this is going to mess things up though when OS X updates come out. I always here horror stories when point releases come out and the people who had the real problems were the ones who were using UI modifier apps (like that piece of crap Shapeshifter from Unsanity). Will this do the same? Opinions/advice?

2. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I think a TON of people here use it. It comes up every fifth post. It has an uninstall button right in the program. You can just do that before you run your OS updates. Basically it saves a copy of the original graphic files, and then puts them back if you ask it to.

3. After G macrumors 68000

After G

4. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Sorry about the repost, and thank you for the info. Im gonna try it out now.

5. JonD25 macrumors 6502

I use it and it works great. I tried using Shapeshifter a little, but I just ended up uninstalling it. It just seemed to take away some of the elegance of the default OS X look, but UNO enhances it by unifying it all.

I've also never had any problems with system updates messing things up. Which isn't to say it never will happen, as I'm no expert. But I've never had one problem with UNO yet, and uninstalling is very very easy.

6. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Wow, I was about to post this exact same question. Well, I think I'll be using Uno, cause' I HATE the brushed metal.

7. Ross Henderson macrumors member

Ross Henderson

I've never had any problems. That's not to say there won't be any. No more brushed metal!

8. Caitlyn macrumors 6502a

9. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

steelphantom

I tried it, and while it's nice, I can't stand the reduced size of the Apple and Spotlight logos on the menu bar. What's up with that? It's really annoying. :mad:

10. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

They don't really bother me but Uno is awesome makes OS X absolutely stunning!!! I have had it installed for a while and it has never given any problem's during system updates....Amazing app!!!

ShadoW

11. discoforce macrumors 6502a

discoforce

I've had it running for months now: No problems. Enjoy :)

12. count chocula macrumors 6502a

count chocula

i've been using it since day one with my macbook (day one was at the beginning of june) and i havent had any problems. it looks great, and i had forgotten it was there.

13. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

I never installed it for fear of hosing future updates but after seeing what it can do for Firefox I broke down and installed it. Still haven't decided whether or not to uninstall when the next dot upgrade comes out?

Edit: Looks like I'll just forget it's there and enjoy the new look.

14. JonD25 macrumors 6502

Uninstalling takes maybe 2-3 seconds, and it's just as quick installing. So if you really want to be safe, uninstall, log out and back in, run the update, and install it again.

15. Stridder44 thread starter macrumors 68040

Stridder44

Whoa I never noticed that before...

16. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

same... i love it and no problems. i also even like the smaller apple logo and spotlight icon

17. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

any before and after pics from using UNO? I dont see what the difference is...

18. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

[​IMG]
    Here's my upper-left corner in Safari, how does it compare to yours? I find it more plasticky rather than brushed metal.

19. keithbennis macrumors regular

keithbennis

I used to use Uno, now back to Brushed. Brushed is hot. :cool:

20. d wade macrumors 65816

d wade

:D

Attached Files: