Has anyone played NFL Head Coach?

Discussion in 'Games' started by benyaimin, Jul 4, 2006.

1. benyaimin macrumors member

2. mode macrumors member

Pitching agents and negotiating salary figures while sitting at a conference desk throughout the whole damn game? Wow, sounds like a blast. Pfft.

People buy games so they can watch their guys bleed out on the field, not push pens at a desk.

3. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

I haven't played it, but I think lots of people would like that kind of game in fact. How about the whole fantasy league thing? You aren't playing the actual games in anyway, just managing a roster via free agency and trades. Very popular. Plenty of people enjoy Franchise mode on the sports games without playing many or any of the actual games. I'm not a big football fan, but I think I'd be interested in the NFL Head Coach.

4. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

i heard it was terrible. lots of menus to navigate and it takes hours of off-field stuff before you even get to the on-field coaching part of the game. i just cant wait til Madden comes out.

5. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

I have it... It starts out a little slow, but once you get hired, draft your team and start practices it really picks up... You can control the tempo of your practices, plan them out basedon what areas you need work at, hand out discipline, create and adjust your playbook based on what you like and don't like... It's just like going through a football pre-season from a coaches perspective... I've only made it to my 1st game so far- but as a football coach I can tell you it's pretty accurate for what we actually do... The game could use some improvements, but overall for a 1st attempt at something like this it's pretty good...Not to mention that when Madden 07 comes out you can import yourself and your team right into that...

6. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Are you complaining that its realistic? :confused:

7. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

well im basing my opinion on a video review i saw and they said that it was very realistic but isnt exactly made to be a 'fun' game. just menu-based gameplay and lots of tedious stuff. but if you're into coaching football and this is your thing, its a good game.

the reviewer also complained about how you had to cheer your assistants up whenever they got mad or upset and how stupid it was. then they interviewed Bill Cower about this and he said that thats the most realistic part of the game. :D