Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mr_matalino

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
I've been waiting to buy the new 20" iMac from my local apple store (in CA). 2 weeks after Apple announced it, I haven't even read a review for it, let alone see one or hear if anyone else got theirs? Even the new PB's are in. What's going on?

ipwitch

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2005
mr_matalino said:
I've been waiting to buy the new 20" iMac from my local apple store (in CA). 2 weeks after Apple announced it, I haven't even read a review for it, let alone see one or hear if anyone else got theirs? Even the new PB's are in. What's going on?

I think its faster ordering online, my 20" just shipped...

MacManDan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2003
mr_matalino said:

I ordered mine the morning after they were announced w/ 1GB BTO RAM option. I got mine last Friday :)
Its beautiful with a huge screen. At least it feels huge compared to my aging 15" PowerBook. had a problem with the iSight at first (it would only capture blank images) but after a shutdown and restart everything worked just fine. Very speedy machine, Front Row is great, the remote is definitely handy in the dorm room :) You won't be disappointed!

Achithyn

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2005
it's coming

I ordered mine the day they came out and Fedex says I should get it this Tuesday (can't wait!) This will be my very first mac I have ever owned. I have researched the Mac for over a year and decided to buy one about 2 months ago (I have been waiting for the quad powermacs... I fell for the iMac 'so kewl!') lol.

Well, I should receive mine here pretty soon - it has been two weeks already, so it'll be soon. :)

~Achi

lynziwow

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2005
CALIIFORNIA
i got mine today!

mr_matalino said:

ordered mine BTO from apple online about an hour after they were announced, FEDEX delivered it at about 10:00 am this morning.

so. freaking. sweet. :p

i just wish i could get off work faster so i can play more!

kind of a side topic, but does anybody know of a place where i can go online and video chat with other people?

biohazard6969

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2005
toronto canada
i got so damn fed up with the apple online store, they delayed my order by almost a month, so i cancelled it, and on a hunch, walked into the yordale appletore today to see if they had any (conjvinced they probably wouldn't) but i ended up getting the LAST ONE, i walked out of the store with it right then and there. i LOOOOOOOOVE IT SO SEXY!!!!!!!!

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
biohazard_6969 said:
i got so damn fed up with the apple online store, they delayed my order by almost a month, so i cancelled it, and on a hunch, walked into the yordale appletore today to see if they had any (conjvinced they probably wouldn't) but i ended up getting the LAST ONE, i walked out of the store with it right then and there. i LOOOOOOOOVE IT SO SEXY!!!!!!!!

Yea I called the local retail store and they had one 20" left so I picked it up and cancelled my online order.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I have a question about Front Row for the people who already have their iMac's - does front row open up iTunes and iPhoto to use that media? I am running the hacked version and it really bugs me when I look at photos then move back to my computer and iPhoto is open when I didn't have it open before.

nospleen

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
wwooden said:
I have a question about Front Row for the people who already have their iMac's - does front row open up iTunes and iPhoto to use that media? I am running the hacked version and it really bugs me when I look at photos then move back to my computer and iPhoto is open when I didn't have it open before.

Yes, it is the same way on the new imac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.