Has anyone received their 20" iMac?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by mr_matalino, Oct 25, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502a

Oct 14, 2005
    I've been waiting to buy the new 20" iMac from my local apple store (in CA). 2 weeks after Apple announced it, I haven't even read a review for it, let alone see one or hear if anyone else got theirs? Even the new PB's are in. What's going on?
  2. macrumors member

Oct 20, 2005
    I think its faster ordering online, my 20" just shipped...
  3. macrumors 6502

Apr 11, 2003
    I ordered mine the morning after they were announced w/ 1GB BTO RAM option. I got mine last Friday :)
    Its beautiful with a huge screen. At least it feels huge compared to my aging 15" PowerBook. had a problem with the iSight at first (it would only capture blank images) but after a shutdown and restart everything worked just fine. Very speedy machine, Front Row is great, the remote is definitely handy in the dorm room :) You won't be disappointed!
  4. macrumors newbie

Oct 27, 2005
    it's coming

I ordered mine the day they came out and Fedex says I should get it this Tuesday (can't wait!) This will be my very first mac I have ever owned. I have researched the Mac for over a year and decided to buy one about 2 months ago (I have been waiting for the quad powermacs... I fell for the iMac 'so kewl!') lol.

Well, I should receive mine here pretty soon - it has been two weeks already, so it'll be soon. :)

5. macrumors member

Oct 5, 2005
    i got mine today!

ordered mine BTO from apple online about an hour after they were announced, FEDEX delivered it at about 10:00 am this morning.

so. freaking. sweet. :p

i just wish i could get off work faster so i can play more!

kind of a side topic, but does anybody know of a place where i can go online and video chat with other people?
  6. macrumors 6502a

Feb 23, 2005
    toronto canada
    i got so damn fed up with the apple online store, they delayed my order by almost a month, so i cancelled it, and on a hunch, walked into the yordale appletore today to see if they had any (conjvinced they probably wouldn't) but i ended up getting the LAST ONE, i walked out of the store with it right then and there. i LOOOOOOOOVE IT SO SEXY!!!!!!!!
  7. macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    Yea I called the local retail store and they had one 20" left so I picked it up and cancelled my online order.
  8. macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    I have a question about Front Row for the people who already have their iMac's - does front row open up iTunes and iPhoto to use that media? I am running the hacked version and it really bugs me when I look at photos then move back to my computer and iPhoto is open when I didn't have it open before.
  9. macrumors 68000

Dec 8, 2002
    Yes, it is the same way on the new imac.