Has anyone seen the Refurbed MBP's???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FF_productions, Oct 27, 2006.

1. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

The $1499 model with 1GB of RAM is the sweet spot.

3. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

Refurbs - good!

I think the refurbs are the way to go. I'm still running my refurb PowerBook - not one problem with it! In my case, same great product, just a little behind the curve when I bought it - I go mine when the 1.5GHz came out.

I'm looking forward to the 2.33's coming to the refurb page. I'd really like to see one with a 160GB drive - I'd jump on that.:)

4. goodtimes5 macrumors 6502a

goodtimes5

Do these refurbs some of the problems the MBPs suffered from before? Overheating, mooing, etc etc.

5. Jarland macrumors regular

My 2 month old laptop is $1,599. I don't remember how much I paid for it, but I know that it was refurbished, and I added a 250gb lacie external, and a copy of iWork...and my total was about $2700.

6. keysersoze macrumors 68000

keysersoze

Possibly, but you are covered by the 1-year warranty, so if it craps out, you can still get it replaced. Our office replaced the same stinkin' refurb eMac 3 times before it finally worked right.

7. rstorm macrumors regular

I have purchased two refurb ibooks, two mini's and never had one problem. For the price difference you can not go wrong. They carry the same warranty as a new unit.