Has anyone seen this?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by jermsmingy, Sep 12, 2002.

1. jermsmingy macrumors regular

Feb 25, 2002
    I was trying to access my computer from another computer over my wireless network using airport. My linksys router doesn't support appletalk so they can't see each other. So I just typed in the ip address. It timed out. So when I get back to the computer I was trying connect to it has this white box in the middle that tells me I need to restart and it says this in like 4 different languages.
    My friend was trying to connect to some other computers at his school network and he got the same screen.
    Has anyone else seen this screen? Does anyone know what causes this?
  2. evildead macrumors 65816

Jun 18, 2001
    WestCost, USA
    You just crashed

Your computer just crashed... thats all. There are several reasons why it can happen. Remeber when you used to get a window with a bomb on it and you had to restart.. same thing.

As for Apple talk, your router has nothing to do with it. I have a Linksys wireless router and I use Apple talk to connect the Macs on my network all the time. I have network drives mounted over the network on 2 diffrent Macs running 2 diffrent OS's. If its not working then your doing somethig wrong someplace else.