Has anyone seen what the next aqua

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by iJawn108, Dec 7, 2006.

1. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

default desktops will look like in leopard yet?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

nope. trust me it won't be hard to find when people get their hands on 'em.

3. Quboid macrumors 6502

I'm hoping it won't be too different the Eye candy on Mac OSX is already sufficeint. And well,....they can't really regress., its just not what they do.
    Then again it's Apple so don't take my word for it..........Think Different!!:D

4. 4nr- macrumors regular

4nr-

I'm hoping that they will not overdo transparency like microsoft did w/ Vista. It's only a temporary turn on.

5. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I'd be cool if they added a little animated mac cartoon in the bottom right hand corner, to help you out with hints and stuff. Or added sound effects to every thing such as chirp everytime a key is hit, or swooshing sound each time you open a folder.

Actually, that would really *suck*. :p

6. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

they already did transparency, it was a bit sucky so it went, well, you can see it in some things slightly still, but not like it was before on unselected windows.

7. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

After the recent iTunes 7 update and my subsequent dissappointment, I will wait before jumping on the bus to Leopard. Still looking for my favorite features of iTunes 6.:confused: I have lost my confidence that newer is better after 10.4.8.

8. benthewraith macrumors 68040

benthewraith

Just so long as the jelly beans go and we get a consistent interface. The menu bar just looks crappy when contrasted with the metal finish of Safari. And yet, the Uno thing goes a tad overboard by changing the look of the menus dreadfully. Also, like graphite, we get a straight blue x - + buttons.

9. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Hear hear

10. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

So true! Transparency SUCKS. I can't use it with Vista for more than 30 minutes at a time before I get a headache.

11. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Not when they use it well e.g. Brightness/Sound levels and changes in desktops using VirtueDesktops.

12. Chris Bangle macrumors 6502a

As the only person in the universe who likes the look of itunes 7, i would welcome leopard having features in terms of look being very similar to itunes 7. who knows, you may be able to cover flow images in the finder.:rolleyes:

13. freshS0LE macrumors member

freshS0LE

whatever the look is gonna be...

you know apple is gonna do it right.

14. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Question: Why do people not like the "jelly beans"? I like them! Same with the + - x buttons at the top.

I suspect that Leopard will look very much like Tiger but with a few added things (like the search bar in Safari).

15. decksnap macrumors 68040

decksnap

I had thought of the usefulness of coverflow in the finder as well. I think it would be useful if it really worked well. Annoying if it was slow to load up. The finder is horribly inept in terms of thumbnails/previews and viewing images as it stands now.

It would be cool for instance if you could right click the desktop and pull up a coverflow overlay of your other desktop images and just switch it like that.

And yes, iTunes 7 is fugly.

16. maxrobertson macrumors 6502a

I like "jelly beans" as long as they aren't way overdone. I like the way the aqua buttons in OS X look.

17. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I'd really like a consistent look for the interface. I like the "jelly bean" buttons the way they are, now that it's been 5+ years. They're not all that disruptive--not as disruptive as the brushed metal is. I'd expect GarageBand to retain its look and feel because music production applications have been very independent since the mid-1980s.

If the resolution independence is activated at first, I'll probably be surprised by the size of the icons and various dialog elements. It's something for which we design applications in Java but it hasn't been something for the major operating system interfaces until now.

Good surprises are coming in 2007.

18. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie