Has anyone taken the Dale Carnegie Course?

Discussion in 'Community' started by craigdawg, May 17, 2004.

1. craigdawg macrumors 6502

My boss has decided I would benefit from taking this course although he doesn't know anyone who's personally taken it.

I read the course synopsis on their website, but I would appreciate any insight anyone might have.

Thanks in advance...

2. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Its good.

Its all about how to talk to people and communicate with them. Its based on his book how to win friends and influence people and a couple of others.

The training is a lot of fun and a good bonding experience.

There are a lot of little things that you learn, Jedi Mind Tricks almost.

A lot of it is common sense and a lot of it is taught elsewhere but they bring the knowledge together and give you opportunities to practice.

Is this going to be just the sales one or the full one.

(Oh you an spot Dale Carnegie people because they put the name tag on the right side and repeat your name in conversations.)

:)

3. craigdawg thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Mongo. I believe it's the full one...once a week for 12 weeks.

4. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    That is the full one that includes the sales stuff. I took it 6 years ago.

5. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

My mom took that course and said it was really enlightening...

6. allroy macrumors member

Human Relations Award Winner Here...

Out of college I got a gig as an art firector for this big corporation and they made all their 'management' types go to thi Dale Carnegie class at the local college. And it was kind of a drag at first, but we had a pretty fun group, about 1/3rd of us were all around the same age and we'd hit the bars after... ugh many tequila shots. Anyway, our instructor was awesome Jack something I think... ah yeah Jack Messenger, he wrote a book Personal Excellence, this guy was too much, got to be good friends (I don't think it was too hard for him to make tons of friends) he taught a spinning class and helped train me in the winter for some bike racing.

So what's my point it's whatever you make of it, being it a room with all the higher-ups and having them tell their inner most thoughts an feelings... priceless!

Highly Recommended
    -j