Has anyone tried to burn +R/+RW DVD's in a iMac 17in sony superdrive?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Falcon500, May 20, 2003.

1. Falcon500 macrumors newbie

I have read reports that the new 1GHz emac superdrive (or at least some of them) are shipping with the sony drive. Have any owners of the 17in iMac with sony superdrive been successful in burning DVD +R/+RW? If they are unsuccessful in the finder/iDVD are they able to burn with toast?

2. dynamicd macrumors 6502

I believe they are able to burn in toast but i'm not entirely sure. Someone out there should be able to give you a rock-hard answer.

3. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

if toast supports those formats, it shuoldn't be a problem, but apple's built in software does not. Actually, apple software doesn't even support the DVD-RW standard, just the DVD-R I believe.

4. vwcruisn macrumors regular

my girlfriend has an 800 MHZ 17inch imac with superdrive.... we were unable to burn to a DVD+R using Toast.

5. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

I think that the only reports of the DVD+RW drives were in the new 1GHz iMacs.

6. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

yeah the 800MHZ imac have the pioneer A04 drives burn a2x dvd-r 1x dvd-rw. the new 1GHZ imac burn at 4x.

Tyler

7. Falcon500 thread starter macrumors newbie

Surely someone out there owns a new 1Ghz emac with sony superdrive or a 1Ghz imac with sony superdrive that can test if DVD+R's work with toast or iDVD?

Maybe Apple have blocked out the ability with their firmware just like they stopped 2x burning on the Powerbook superdrive...?