Has anyone tried VISTA?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by composer11, Jul 14, 2006.

1. composer11 macrumors newbie

May 21, 2006
    I did and as a long time PC user (still am as I have many dollars invested in PC Music/Audio programs)....and to me Vista is a long way from reaching the quality of Mac OSX.

The new conroes are out and hopefully these will trickle down in price to MB, MBP and desktops while the likes of cross over make headway allowing me to salvage and more completely to 100% Apple in the next year or so.

What say you?

My Vista experience was uneventful. When you get used to thinks like dragging folders onto other HD's, DOCK, expose, you really miss it when it's not there. Sure you can get 3rd party apps, but nothing comes close to iLIFE from Microsoft. I think they have a lonnnnnnnnnnnnng way to go.
  2. netdog macrumors 603

Feb 6, 2006
    It looks like a video game and works like XP.

I actually have some complaints about the interface, especially navigating in Media Player, but I can't be bothered to think about it.

You said uneventful and that sums it up for me too.
  3. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

Dec 12, 2005
    Eagle Mountain, UT
    I agree. The best thing I've found in Vista was the games. Other than that it's the same OS. Microsoft says underneath is completely different. Time will only tell on that one. Overall, OS X is kicking Vista's but and we haven't seen Leopard yet. Leopard will blow Vista out of the water.