Has anyone used 1and1 or hostdepartment?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by davidwes, Oct 26, 2006.

1. davidwes macrumors regular

Dec 28, 2004
    Can I get what you think about these two places/plans

10dollars a month
    200gb of storage
    2,000gb of data traffic

3.95 a month
    unlimited storage
    unlimited bandwidth

Has anyone used these two services? I want something with more then 1,000GB of data traffic per month
  2. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

Sep 11, 2005
    St. Cloud, FL.
    I used 1and1 for a few years. They were very reliable and never had any major problems or downtime.
  3. clintob macrumors 6502

Feb 16, 2006
    New York, NY
    Despite your first instinct, never, ever, ever use a webhost with unlimited storage or unlimited bandwidth. It's always a hoax, every time. There's no feasible way for a host to offer those things unlimited without cutting corners or fine print.

I've used 1and1 for a few clients and liked the service. Pretty reliable. Not the fastest servers I've used, and the control panel interface seemed pretty clunky and confusing to me, but otherwise not a bad budget host at all.
  4. londonweb macrumors 6502

Sep 14, 2005
    Same here. Internet support can be a bit sketchy though, although I've only every had to use it once in about 3 years. Personally I find their control panel pretty straight forward, and you seem to get a pretty good feature package too.
  5. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mar 17, 2005
    I have used 1und1.de for a couple of years, and haven't had a problem yet.

I am guessing 1und1 is the german version of 1and1, but you never know and I haven't checked?:confused: