Has anyone used 1and1 or hostdepartment?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by davidwes, Oct 26, 2006.

1. davidwes macrumors regular

Can I get what you think about these two places/plans

1and1.com
    10dollars a month
    200gb of storage
    2,000gb of data traffic

hostdepartment.com
    3.95 a month
    unlimited storage
    unlimited bandwidth

Has anyone used these two services? I want something with more then 1,000GB of data traffic per month

2. Island Dog macrumors 6502a

Island Dog

I used 1and1 for a few years. They were very reliable and never had any major problems or downtime.

3. clintob macrumors 6502

clintob

Despite your first instinct, never, ever, ever use a webhost with unlimited storage or unlimited bandwidth. It's always a hoax, every time. There's no feasible way for a host to offer those things unlimited without cutting corners or fine print.

I've used 1and1 for a few clients and liked the service. Pretty reliable. Not the fastest servers I've used, and the control panel interface seemed pretty clunky and confusing to me, but otherwise not a bad budget host at all.

4. londonweb macrumors 6502

londonweb

Same here. Internet support can be a bit sketchy though, although I've only every had to use it once in about 3 years. Personally I find their control panel pretty straight forward, and you seem to get a pretty good feature package too.

5. Mydriasis macrumors 6502

Mydriasis

I have used 1und1.de for a couple of years, and haven't had a problem yet.

I am guessing 1und1 is the german version of 1and1, but you never know and I haven't checked?:confused: