Has Anyone Watched Macworld 2005? What did you think?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Xtremehkr, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Link

Comparing differences, Steve didn't just offer pre-packaged demonstrations, he demonstrated the new products himself.

Steve didn't need to hire Jon Stewart to make it entertaining either, he was entertaining all by himself. I really enjoyed the subtlety of the currency exchange comments. The close up of Al Gore was not so subtle.

All in all, I thought it was great. Not only are Apple expanding upon already great software, they are making it more available through affordable technology.

What did you think?

2. Lz0 macrumors regular

So how many got the sack?

We all know Steve doesn't like a stumble, or two.

3. maya macrumors 68040

maya

4. Xtremehkr thread starter macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Yeah, I realize that there is already a forum for this. But I have noticed that the community section has its own regulars who prefer to comment in the community area. And there is less probability that it will result in the same arguement, Apple v MS.

Which doesn't mean that the comments on the front page aren't interesting, just that bringing it here adds a different aspect as far as the comments are concerned.

5. Xtremehkr thread starter macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

he handled that well I thought, even provided for it. Realistic leadership being demonstrated on Steve's behalf IMO. I found that endearing compared to Bills arrogance. I think I am doing something I said was less likely to happen, FU irony.

6. ksz macrumors 68000

One prosumer HD camcorder at $3499 does not usher in the Year of High Definition. CES in Las Vegas was disappointing--no consumer-level HD camcorders were announced. Panasonic, however, announced additional 3-CCD miniDV camcorders. While this is a step forward for picture quality, it does not help owners of HDTVs and now HD Macintosh apps. It also does not help those of us wanting to capture significantly more detail. I'd love to switch from SD-DV to HD-DV, but the consumer-level equipment is just not there; hopefully this will change as the year progresses. If so, it will be about time.

7. Sir_Giggles macrumors 6502a

Sir_Giggles

We're only 11 days into 2005. Wait until NAB, and then lets gets back to your usher comment.

8. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

I loved it! :)

Made my first DVD in iDVD out of it too!! :)

9. JediL1 macrumors member

JediL1

More cool new products than any Macworld in recent memory. The long, incoherent rambling of the president of Sony didn't even drag it down.

10. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

I really liked it. As I have mentioned in other threads recently, I was very impressed with the integration between 10.4 and all the iApps etc. I also was impressed by the ability to handle HD from iMovie up through FCP, although I have no need for that myself.

Apple continues to distinguish itself as the most elegant computer company on the planet.

11. applekid macrumors 68020

I found it hilarious.

First the little lock-up where Steve quickly switched to the backup machine.

Then, the little jokes Steve said while demoing Dashboard.

There was a few more.

It was fun. I'll have to watch it completely sometime later. I watched a few parts (basically skipped all of the demos).

12. quackattack macrumors 6502a

quackattack

I really liked it. But I do agree with you guys. We are going to need some consumer level HD cameras before anyone cares about the new software.

13. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Post your comment, if within 6 months into 2005 we do not see anything on the market by then. :)

14. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Does anyone know the time in the Keynote when that happened?

EDIT: I think I just found it. At about 12:15, right? I like how he says, "Thats why we have back up systems here" ;) Priceless.