Has anyone worked as an engineer for Apple?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacBook Pro, Nov 21, 2006.

1. MacBook Pro macrumors newbie

So many Apple job threads are about Apple retail jobs, but I wanted some feedback from some users who have actually worked for Apple in an engineering position, if possible.

I'm mainly curious if you liked working there, what was the atmosphere like, how many hours did you have to put in a week, and if you felt they paid competitively.

Thanks.

2. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

I don't recall exactly how the Apple confidentiality agreement works, but I know that anyone who is currently an Apple employee is not allowed to post to these types of boards. I'm not sure if that also applied to former employees. So, essentially, you may not get a response to this question.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I doubt that it applies - or at least would be enforced - for ex-employees, but, as mentioned, current employees are forbidden from posting here, so any posts from "employees" should be taken with a very large grain of salt.

4. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

I wasn't sure. I've worked for places where there have been non-disclosure agreements that have extended past termination dates. Still, like you said, I'm not sure how well those are really enforced. :)

5. MacBook Pro thread starter macrumors newbie

Notice I said "worked" and not "works" :)

Any feedback anyone feels like sharing would be appreciated though.

6. MacBook Pro thread starter macrumors newbie