Has Apple helped you get a girl?

Discussion in 'Community' started by apple2991, Sep 8, 2004.

1. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Last night I went on a date. It was a double date, and the two girls were both drama chicks (as in musical theater, etc.). Having not really given my girl the attention a drama chick needs, she was half interested, half insulted. The night was going all right, as we all migrated over to a coffee shop and sat outside.

Then I pulled out my iPod.

After having listened to it for a couple songs, it became apparent that the girl didn't really know what it was. I told her and showed her how the interface works (4G click-wheel). She then started listening to it, and after a couple songs she gave me one ear bud while she listened in the other. After and during this, she was very warm and seemingly interested in me.

Needless to say the night ended well.

Has Apple helped anyone else out there with members of the opposite/same sex?

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Glad things worked out, but what were thinking listening to an iPod on the date. Should you--oh I don't know--talk to her or something?

3. belair macrumors 6502

belair

good for you

It did not help me until now.
    But there was this funny thread a couple of weeks back where someone lent his powerbook to a friend who took it to the library and pulled a girl because she liked "his" computer.

So yeah apple helps. Too bad I got a desktop. :(

4. johnnowak macrumors 6502

The mac thing only works in certain areas. For example, in my college, 60% or more of the kids have Mac laptops. Not so impressive in the west village.

5. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

apple has never helped me get a girl, but i have definitely helped my girl get an apple :D

6. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

the iBook and iPod combo can definatly help you pick up women. Theyre just warm and inviting devices that scream taste :)

And on two seperate occasions my iPod and iBook have helped me break ice :p

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I was already married when we found Apple. Our first purchase occurred close to our 11th Wedding Anniversary.

8. apple2991 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nice! I suppose just the friendliness, simplicity, and aesthetic beauty of the products are attractive to women. See: Hip.

9. The Past macrumors 6502

Exactly!! It crossed my mind too. On the ligher side, think of it. The iPod pulled off what he did not.

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

why do i feel i am reading the most pathetic thread. i can't say apple has helped me, nor do i count on apple to win me a girl. i can do that on my own. but i will say i have met some good looking women through my job, which has to do with macs.

iJon

11. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

mj_1903

An iPod has helped me in one situation, simply because it was late at night, we were tired and I figured some music would help. Needless to say she liked the iPod and my music tastes.

In the other instance, my PowerBook kind of made her appreciate who I was more. She was a PC user and after having used my PowerBook for a month, she seems to be relating to me better. Weird, but true.

12. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

I got lucky when I bought my girlfriend an iBook, does that count?

13. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Most females ditch me when I am listening to an ipod while on a date ... Even though it is an Apple :) Do you use your ipod a lot when dating?

14. ocellnuri macrumors regular

Ditto! :D ;)

15. cerfsud macrumors newbie

are you guys retarded? if you're stupid enough to pull out an ipod and stuff earbuds in your ears and shut everybody out while you're on an outting with HER, you don't deserve her.

16. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

17. x86isslow macrumors 6502a

haha, you don't stuff your ears on a date kid. good to hear it worked out for you.

i remember my being an apple user helped me score my senior prom date. i was far from the only guy courting her, but the fact that we both did debate, travelled in the same group of nerds, and of course, used Apple computers did move things in my favor.

18. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

well put. i can't imagine myself pulling out my computer and having a girl wanting me. i don't think i will ever try.

19. James L macrumors 6502a

Not only are you reading it, you are contributing too it!

:D

20. apple2991 thread starter macrumors 6502

Criticize it all you want, but it DID work. End of story. And I think she decides whether or not I deserve her.

Besides, I had talked to her enough throughout the night. I don't count on Apple to get me girls, but if it happens, I'm certainly not going to bash it.

<Edit>I'll take my iPod over a chick any day.</Edit>

Girls love a lone wolf :D

21. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

True, but I am not sitting here saying I saw this smoking hot chick, but to seal the deal I whipped out the iPod just so she knows I'm cool. And then for icing in the cake I invited her over and made an AppleScript that displays the dialog box "Will You Be My Girlfriend?"

As for apple2991, did you get her number or get a kiss or anything. Or did the iPod just help assist making her awful date just a little bit more interesting?

iJon

22. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

I respected you, and was even going to try to defend you from cerfsud's post.. but then you said that. You get off that train of thought, or you're going to be a disappointed little man in the future.

You got damn lucky in that situation... care to share the circumstances that put your earbuds in your ears on a date? I've played my iPod in the car with girls, but never anything with headphones.

23. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

Haha, I love these threads about Macs and dating. They always end up going in some interesting places. I wouldn't specifically date a guy because he was a mac user, but I do get turned off to the whole "what you use a Mac? When are you going to get a real computer?" thing from guys.

24. spasticmutant macrumors member

That's it.

The next guy I #$&% is gonna own a Mac, preferably purchased in the last 12 months. If he doesn't show it to me on the first date, he's outta luck. :mad:

Anne Marie