Has Apple Updated PowerBook Specs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by TEG, Feb 24, 2004.

1. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I was just crusing around Apple's website and noticed, what I believe to be, updated memory numbers on the PowerBooks. It appears that they now officially support 1.25GB on the 12in and 2GB on the 15in and 17in. Last time I saw the specs, several weeks ago, they were at 640MB and 1GB respectivly. I even went so far as to check the store and sure enough they support a 2GB Build of PowerBooks. I just wish they would update the iBook's specs to deal with the new 1GB SODIMMS but, a guess you must keep a difference between the Consumer and Pro Lines.

TEG

2. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

the 15 and 17 inch pb supported 2 gigs of ram since they were updated last year. dont know about the 12 incher

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    the rev b powerbooks all had updated ram capacities

4. TEG thread starter macrumors 604

TEG

I was just wondering bcause, I constantly hear arguements that the 12" is limited to 640MB, and the new 15" and 17" are limited to 1GB. I have heard this here, in an Apple Store, in several Apple Authorized Resellers, and in several internet articles. That is the basis of my confusion.

TEG

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    at the time the rev a were announced they werent making 1 gig ram sticks yet, so the max was 1 gig for the pbooks and 640 for the ibooks (128+512), but now thats changed so have the upper limits