Has Beyonce Become a Ho?

Discussion in 'Community' started by The Muffin Man, Sep 6, 2004.

1. The Muffin Man macrumors regular

I've been a big fan of Beyonce since the days of The Writing's On The Wall with Destiny's Child. I always admired her voice, agressive lyrics, husky voice, gorgeous body and face, feminist attitude, and a somewhat inexplicably complex innocence. When Survivor hit stores, this image continued and I was a fan. A few times, she showed off her body more than before, but that was only more enchanting at the time. As she emerged as a solo artist, she seems to have resorted to writhing in her music videos and performance, and wearing miniscule articles of clothing, accenting her hair and makeup in a frighteningly provocative way. Did you see her at the VMA's? Heres a link: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/040830/ids_photos_en/r3217289168.jpg

I feel all this is truly tragic. Her voice, natural beauty, and dancing ability can carry her much farther than writhing around and wearing small clothing. Please, Beyonce, use your true talents!

Thoughts?

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Nobody becomes a ho. The ho was probably inside her all this time, and it took fame to bring it out. Just look at Britney. Don't tell me she was innocent before she started her career. It just took some convincing from the crowds to dress skanky, and since that's what people seemed to respond to the most, that's what she did, and continues to do. And since people get bored of it after a while, she has to start wearing even less to get the crowds interested again. And once the clothing runs out and she can't dress any less scantily, she has to get married a bunch of times.

Beyonce is no better, but at least she lie and tell people that she was going to stay a virgin until marriage. I don't think she'll follow the same extreme career path of Britney. Instead, when people start losing interest, there will be a line she won't cross in terms of what she'll wear. Instead, she'll just accept the fact that nobody knows who she is, and disappear from thin air, Maria Carey style.

3. apple2991 macrumors 6502

Yes. Yes she has.

Unfortunately, becoming a ho doesn't make you suck any less.

4. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Could it just be the whole Hollywood image building machine?
    I'm sure there's a cadre of people around her that are just for building her image.
    Most likely marketing folks. It's very rare to find someone who becomes famous in Hollywood and stays true to their roots. Everyone hanging on to you and telling you you're awesome, great, and beautiful has to do something to your head.

5. vniow macrumors G4

6. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

if you guys want to see something really funny go look at beyonces celebrity playlist on itunes. look what most of her favorite music is.

iJon

7. MorganX macrumors 6502a

MorganX

Britney and J. Lo are hoes. Beyonce just dresses in skimply clothes which most performing female artist do. Everyone dresses for photo ops. Beyonce didn't date until 21 and how Jay Z ended up with her I don't know. See what happens when daddy doesn't let you date? But at least she's sticking with one guy.

8. Apple Hobo macrumors 6502a

Apple Hobo

Christina Skankulera is queen of the skanks. She looks like she smeared axle grease all over her face and laid in the tanning bed for about 56 straight hours.

9. Dros macrumors 6502

I'm not convinced. Could you provide more examples of her in extremely skimpy attire to make your point more believable?

10. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Please provide pics. :D :D
    I liked her in Goldmember.

11. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

Only marginally related, but I saw this really hilarious video made by some people at NU in which a bunch of guys (and a couple girls) dance seductively to what I think was a Destiny's Child song. If I can find the link, I'll post it.

12. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I really like her. I think she is increadibly talented and increadibly beautiful.

A ho? possibly, but I wouldn't say so. Being a ho requires more than just skimpy clothes.

scem0

13. ThomasJefferson macrumors 6502

Who is Beeyonce and what is this Jlow person?

(Flicks his lighter)
    "Freebird ......!"

14. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

If I leave here tomorrow
    Would you still remember me?
    For I must be travelling on, now,
    There's too many places I haven't seen...

15. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Actually, um... I'd expect it would cause you to, er, suck more. ;)

16. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

You know, jsw, here was a chance for the entire community to stand together and look past this easy, easy cheapshot. We could have all held our heads high and been the better men and women. We could have turned away. We could have just said no. Here was an opportunity to exert and demonstrate impeccable moral authority and prudence...

And here you had to go and screw it all up...Thanks. ;) :p :D

17. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Hey, if he hadn't, I would have! :D

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

She officially turned into a ho when she became a solo artist, I blame Jay Z, he seems to have an influence.

19. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Pop stars don't have any "true talent" it is mostly manufactured by the labels to look like they know what they are doing. There is a reason why they use music tracks in "live" performances. A lot of this is because of the MTV Video age, everything has to be perfect, nothing is recorded live in a studio anymore, its all layered to make it sound perfect and if they were to truly sing live then their flaws would show through and people would realize what fakes they truly are.

20. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

maybe i misunderstood the 'first part' of her 'career', but she always looked skanky to me. :rolleyes:

21. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

*** bows head ***
    I am deeply ashamed of my actions.

I was under the impression that the thread was out to determine if she had become a prostitute, in which case I presume she would have been required to perform certain acts as part of her - forgive the pun - job.

I completely missed the fact that "ho" is actually slang for "highly objectified", and now I understand that the intent was to point out that this beautiful and talented woman has become an object for prurient interest simply because she often performs - due to warm conditions on stage, I'm sure - in very lightweight or minimal clothing. She moves as she does due to being caught up in the rhythms of her songs. That's all perfectly natural. I am very upset with myself for having though of her as anything other than a talented singer. I apologize to the community for my insensitive comment.

22. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

HA HA :D well said. you're excused.

23. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

hey... leave my favourite skank out of this... shes cleaned up her
    act a lot anyways...

beyonce is just makeup beautiful... her body is too thick... shes gross
    and her voice is that of a shrieking animal...

jlo isnt even remotely attractive... i dont even know who would
    bring her into this... eeewwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah... so leave christina out of this... she actually is hot...

24. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Correction, Christina used to be hot before the hair change and the skanky music, now she is nothing more than a call girl wanna be. No offense tho, she is still kinda hot, in a street corner kind of way.

25. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

My current skank free pop star has got to be Avril, lets see how long she stays "clean", I give her 6 months before she is in playboy. ;)