has ken lay been indicted?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Jul 7, 2004.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

You made my heart skip. I read Ken Lay as Ken Star.

3. Waluigi macrumors 6502

It's a shame that such a good man went so bad. In all seriousness, Ken Lay used to be a really nice guy, but sometimes people change, espically when money and power are involved. Nonetheless, if he really did committ a crime like the one we all think he did, then he should be punished, just like the rest of us would be.

I'm also eager (but pessimistic) to hear if in fact it is true that Dick Cheney and or the Bush administration as a whole had any wrong doing in the secret meetings they had with enron before its colapse. I'd love to see the day Dick Cheney gets indited :) !

--Waluigi

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Greed does in a number of good men/women.

Your Cheney reference opens the question why the indictment is still sealed. I guess some questions will be "answered" if Lay copes a plea.

Any thoughts as to how soon a trial could start? If the Justice Dept. asks for delays that could also be telling.

5. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

anyone else wondering if the timing has to do w/ kerry's VP annoucement?

6. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Not sure that I follow.

7. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

it occurred to me when watching abcnews. story #1 -- ken lay indictment. story #2 -- kerry/edwards. during story #2, peter jennings stated how the announcement was very important, as it was the best chance to communicate what mr. edwards brings to the ticket and it's their best chance to get some free press.

except it was story #2.

8. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

But don't people associate Ken Kay with the Bush administration and Cheaney? I mean, he's a former best pal, advisor, and number one campaign contributor. They sure as hell better associate him with the administration.

9. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Oh, in a perfect world...if Cheney ever had to divulge the specifics of his energy-related meetings that would be one thing, but as it stands, I think it is below the radar for most people...

Ironically, the fact that the Bush administration seems to be up to so much no good, makes it hard for the public to keep up or concentrate on any particular instance for very long. Then there is Rove, of course...

10. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i think the main goal was to knock the ticket off the main story pedestal. bush can still look good w/ the enron story because it's his justice department bringing the charges.

i'm cynical enough to think "the fix is in." if this thing ever does get to court, i have to assume there's a presidential pardon in lay's future.

11. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Fair enough. But as for the pardon, I can't really imagine a Bush Justice Department would convict Lay of anything. Just as the Bush I, ack, Savings and Loan Commission? didn't convict Bush II.

12. Waluigi macrumors 6502

When I saw this, my reaction was just 'OH MY GOD!'
    [​IMG]

--Waluigi

13. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Maybe he could share a cell with your former Governor :D

14. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Actually I think the timing of the increased terror alert has more to do with Kerry's VP nomination than the Lay indictment. I find it hard to believe the WH can get federal prosecutors so easily, but I know the DoHS could be convinced to raise the threat level.

I know, I know, all the righties around here will gripe that I'm not being fair and that the Bush team would never use something like this for political purposes. How many of you were crying 'wag the dog' when Clinton used cruise missles in the opening shots of the WoT though? Or at least thought it was a possibility that Clinton was trying to knock the Monica story off the front page? I thought so.

15. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

You know, I have noticed that Democrats are willing to openly discuss their leaders candidly. Even if it casts doubts that others can seize upon. Republicans on the other hand feel their leaders can and never did no wrong.

16. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Neserk

Goes right along with the tendency of the above to worhsip their leaders and be completely blind to the evil things they do ;)