Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Billy95Tech

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
Late last night my Tab Pro 8.4 started to act very strange in a bad way.:/

For about 20 minutes each time i pressed the hardware buttons they would not work and could not get out of any app and the time indicator in the top corner kept disappearing, and reappearing again about every 2 minutes and the sceen kept going off by it self randomly so i had to get the sceen on again by pressing on and of button and i kept trying to shut down my tablet but unable to because of the on and off button was not working.. :/

The only time the hardware buttons worked probably again was when the time indicator kept on reappearing and after the time indicator disppear again the hardware button stop working again.

And after about 20 minutes after i downloaded a Shut down app from Google Play Store to shut down the tablet all of the problems(time indicator disappearing, Hardware buttons not working) gone and working fine after that.

I have NEVER ever had this before on my tablets like ever and i scanned for viruses on CM security and did not find any viruses so i'm virus free but i got a feeling that my tablet has been hacked.

I did a factory reset today and the problem is still there!!!

I think the hardware(CPU/GPU) has been damaged after lots of accidental drops on to the floor. :( :(
And i can't get the Tab Pro 8.4 repaired because of the warranty of 1 year has expired since May.

So what shall i do? Should i get a new Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4? I really like the 8.4 inch tablets..

Has my Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 been damaged???

Last edited:

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
It is highly unlikely you were "hacked", and a software glitch is probably to blame. Make sure your tablet is up to date. Also, if you only get software from Google Play you really don't need an antivirus/security software. They tend to cause more problems than they solve.

Billy95Tech

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
It is highly unlikely you were "hacked", and a software glitch is probably to blame. Make sure your tablet is up to date. Also, if you only get software from Google Play you really don't need an antivirus/security software. They tend to cause more problems than they solve.

It has happened today again and i done a factory reset but the problem is still there!!!

I think the hardware(CPU/GPU) has been damaged after lots of accidental drops on to the floor. :(

And i can't get the Tab Pro 8.4 repaired because of the warranty of 1 year has expired since May.

So what shall i do? Should i get a new Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4?? I really like the 8.4 inch size tablets..

Billy95Tech

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
Whatever you get, invest in a heavy duty case if your prone to lots of accidental drops ....

I have IVSO Slim Smart Cover Case for my Tab Pro 8.4.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Smart-Samsu...=8-5&keywords=Samsung+galaxy+tab+pro+8.4+case

But i never use tablet in the case when in use and not in use, I only put the tablet in the case when we are travalling or when i'm outside..

I prefer to use tablets with out a case!!

And anyway i done another factory reset again today and so far the problem haven't appeared yet. :)

Hopefully the problem has been fixed by factory resetting the tablet again this time round fingers crossed!!!...

Damn since i got the Tab Pro 8.4 back in May 2014 i must of done a factory reset on the tablet a least 8 times because of the stupid problems i had hmmm must be a record.... :/

Hastings101

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
K
Yea, whatever you do try to take better care of it :p; tablets are not usually as drop-friendly as a lot of smartphones are. If you decide to buy a replacement stick that thing in a case

Reactions: Billy95Tech and MRU
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.