Has Nintendo Just Told Us The Wii Launch Date?

Discussion in 'Games' started by BlizzardBomb, Jul 26, 2006.

1. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Well that's what this press release is suggesting.

Odd things to note:

1) Final Fantasy is in ALL CAPS.
    2) Out of space? Link with number of words?
    3) James Bond mentioned. Same release date as the film?
    4) Let's hope its not another Luigi Code ;) :rolleyes:

Well that's all I've noticed anyway. See what you can find.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Isn't this the doc that got smart people saying October 2nd? Don't know how they worked it out but that's what I heard.

October 2nd would be very, very nice. I don't start uni until the 15th so if it hit the UK at a similar date then woo! I could lock myself away for several days before joining society again.

3. mkaake macrumors 65816

Yeah, they figured that there's a game released once every monday the entire quarter except on Nov. 27th and 20th. 27th is supposedly out because it's after Thanksgiving, and the 20th is out because it's after the PS3 launch... leaving Oct. 2nd as the only Monday that there's nothing being released.

Of course, since the list doesn't even start 'til a week after that, it could be said that it's not really a hole in the lineup at all, but Q4 does start Oct 1...

Either way, I'll be happy when it comes out. Now, a month later, *eh*. I still have to try to find the time to play it :)

<edit> maybe final fantasy is in all caps to bring light to the fact that we're fantasizing over the release of the wii, and need to get a life... :D

4. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

that's my plan anyway.:)

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Too much work for my brain this early in the morning, but interesting article BlizzardBomb. Looking forward to seeing the Wii released soon. :)

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

It's got to be something to do with James Bond, it's too random.

Crap sticks! The new Bond is out November 17th!. There's no games listed for that day.

7. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Bond games are a nono...for some reason they're just terrible or at least they will be.

8. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

October 2nd would be nice for me as well. My birthday is October 8th and I have not gotten anything exciting for years (probably because I will be 23 this year haha). Perhaps I could twist an arm for old time's sake this year LOL.

9. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

The new MOVIE.

10. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Goldeneye?

11. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I think in most press releases games are in all caps if they are in a paragraph simply for people who skim the press release looking for info.

12. BlizzardBomb thread starter macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

The third paragraph lists games which are not in all caps.

13. jdechko macrumors 68040

That's what I was gonna say. The old Rare games (GE and Perfect Dark) were masterful. The EA Bond games just seem to suck as EA really seems to just turn them out as fast as they can.

On a related note, the Rhino Games (ugh) in my town said that they'd probably not be taking preorders for the Wii after what happened with the 360. I mentioned to the girl that the Wii was already in production and it shouldn't be a problem. But after what happened with the 360, she still said they weren't gonna go through that hassle.

14. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Oh wow. This is great news from the tight lipped nintendo. I can't wait, just release the date already though! All this speculation is killing me!

15. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Weren't Nintendo stockpiling the Wii, and it started production months ago?

I'm begging, aching for a worldwide simultaneous release. Hell I'll probably just import one from Japan if it's not.

17. andy89 macrumors 6502

meh, who cares about the wii:confused:
    PS3's out November 17th, woooooh! :p

18. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Wow, that's appropriate, given the thread title.
    I would assume everyone in this thread cares about the Wii, barring yourself, of course.

19. chairguru22 macrumors 6502a

Oct 2nd would be awesome. but i dont see how that press release says any of that.

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Clearly the amount of people more interested in the Wii than the PS3 :)

21. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Yeah I know. I mean if there's gonna be a game whatsoever.

22. Agilus macrumors regular

My take on the puzzle....

When I read it, once sentence popped out at me:

"One of the two."

It didn't seem to fit with the previous sentences very well, or add anything to the content of the text. I thought it might represent a date, but could only come up with January 2 or February 1, which didn't make sense.

However, after seeing October 2nd as a candidate, that seems to make sense with the sentence. If you read it out loud as, "One o' the two," which sounds a little piratey, but is a perfectly reasonable pronunciation, then you get "1 0, the 2", or "10, the 2nd." The second day of the 10th month = October 2nd!

This is just my silly guess, but it seems to fit, and it makes sense that the people designing the puzzle would give multiple indicators of the answer. However, maybe I've just been playing too many cryptic crosswords. :)

23. maxi macrumors regular

The "we're running out of space" thing seemed weird, so I did a word count and there are exactly 290 words in that press release. The 290th day of the year is friday, october 17th. Coincidence? most probably... but it's fun to speculate :)

24. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

a lot of people obviously care about The Wii (and the 360) way more than the PS3.

25. 7on macrumors 601

7on

FINAL FANTASY is usually written in all caps. That's just what it's always been on the logos. maybe Square mandates it needs to be in all Caps for press releases? Maybe the Wii will simply be released on Nov. 6th? The only date mentioned in the story (disregarding bullet point items).

I wished FFVI would get GBA released. I'd be on that faster than a heart attack.