Has someone a mail (only) .Mac account?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Roberto, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Roberto macrumors newbie

Hi,

If someone has the mail only .Mac account, I would to know if is the Address Book synchronization service bundled?

thanks in advance.

---
    Roberto

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Are you talking about somebody who has purchased more e-mail accounts past their original one that is included with .Mac? I'm not sure you can only have just a .Mac e-mail account unless you have a full .Mac account.

3. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

Yes you can have a mail only .mac account, it's very cheap (along the lines of £7/year). I discovered this just days after I bought my full .mac acccount.

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question Roberto.

AppleMatt

4. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

I just stumbled upon this page that seems to indicate you need a full .Mac to have the email accounts only. .Mac Currency Tables

5. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

if anyone finds out you can get it for just that 10.00 a month, post here! :)

6. emw macrumors G4

emw

.Mac is only about $9 a month ($99/year) for full membership. E-mail only accounts can only be added to full memberships (that's the $10 or so per year add-on).

7. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

Well then you've made me a little happier, I've been going around thinking I'd wasted the money. Thanks :)

To be fair however, I've used the other features of .mac a lot. I was dubious before buying but now I'm very happy with it.

AppleMatt

8. zim macrumors 65816

zim

The mail only account is just that, mail only. You can not use the address book or any other features that are provided to a full membership account, including aliases.

<edit>
    Oops, sorry, my wife just informed me, the one with the mail only account attached to my full account, that she does have an address book... now she is pestering me as to why it is not synced sigh.. it appears that you can not sync between them, wonder if there is a way to have the iSync app sync with two .mac accounts.