Has the time to be logged out been lowered?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by smithrh, Jun 30, 2013.

1. macrumors 68020

Feb 28, 2009
    I seem to be automatically logged out fairly often these days... was the timer/cookie/whatever adjusted downwards recently?

I ask as I had a post I had worked on for maybe 20-30 minutes, and when I hit "submit new thread" I was told I was not logged in. I then tried the back button so I could copy what I had written, but no luck, post is gone.

Should I have just logged in, would that have preserved what I wrote?
  2. macrumors 68030

Not sure about any changes, but that's annoying and a major bummer, and has happened to me too. Even when logged in, I always open new windows if needing to review other stuff, cause when using the back-button, everything seems to be gone. I'm still running SL, and for anything of any length, once in a while I copy what I've got onto my desktop, just in case.
  3. macrumors demi-god

Feb 26, 2011
    New England, USA
    I don't know if you're comfotable with this option, but if you check "Remember Me'" (or whatever the box says under the Log In spaces), you are never logged out automatically.

I have the box checked and have never encountered the problem.

Again...I don't know if you might have some reason to not check the box.:D
  4. thread starter macrumors 68020

Feb 28, 2009
    Shrink, that may do the trick, it was unchecked. I don't remember un-checking it at any point though.

I do clear all cookies when quitting Safari, but I've been doing that for years now.

5. macrumors 6502

Oct 13, 2011
    Brooklyn NY
    At least it is not as bad as one site I visit where I am sometimes logged out after a few hours even after telling it to remember me. I don't go there much because of that.