Has the time to be logged out been lowered?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by smithrh, Jun 30, 2013.

1. macrumors 68020

smithrh

I seem to be automatically logged out fairly often these days... was the timer/cookie/whatever adjusted downwards recently?

I ask as I had a post I had worked on for maybe 20-30 minutes, and when I hit "submit new thread" I was told I was not logged in. I then tried the back button so I could copy what I had written, but no luck, post is gone.

Should I have just logged in, would that have preserved what I wrote?

2. macrumors 68030

macs4nw

Not sure about any changes, but that's annoying and a major bummer, and has happened to me too. Even when logged in, I always open new windows if needing to review other stuff, cause when using the back-button, everything seems to be gone. I'm still running SL, and for anything of any length, once in a while I copy what I've got onto my desktop, just in case.

3. macrumors demi-god

Shrink

I don't know if you're comfotable with this option, but if you check "Remember Me'" (or whatever the box says under the Log In spaces), you are never logged out automatically.

I have the box checked and have never encountered the problem.

Again...I don't know if you might have some reason to not check the box.:D

4. thread starter macrumors 68020

smithrh

Shrink, that may do the trick, it was unchecked. I don't remember un-checking it at any point though.

I do clear all cookies when quitting Safari, but I've been doing that for years now.

Weird.

5. macrumors 6502

tonyr6

At least it is not as bad as one site I visit where I am sometimes logged out after a few hours even after telling it to remember me. I don't go there much because of that.