Has there ever been a 400MHz Ruby iMac?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by TheT, Mar 16, 2004.

1. TheT macrumors 6502

Hey there,
    I wanna buy an old iMac for my sister and stumbled across a ruby iMac which has a 400 MHz prozessor (double-checked it by asking the seller)... it can be found on eBay Germany (link)
    My questions is: did this model ever exist? apple-history.com says no, and my memory as well... I own a 400MHz iMac DV SE in graphite and thought the following models were 450MHz, but I could be wrong because mine was top of the line after all.
    The seller insists that he did not change anything... did he?

2. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

Yep, just check out this page. But technically, it's Strawberry instead of Ruby. :rolleyes:

3. TheT thread starter macrumors 6502

That page describes these iMacs:
    [​IMG]
    This is the one on eBay:
    [​IMG]
    In my opinion, that's this one:
    [​IMG]
    (Apple-History.com Link)
    Also note the new extended keyboard and mouse; the one you pointed out still has the old ones as far as I know...

4. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

My father has one, I could post pics, but I'd rather you just trust me on this one...So, it is true that there were 400 MHz Ruby iMacs, slot loading. They were members of what is known as the "Summer 2000" league of iMacs. The came standard with OS 9, and had 64 MB of RAM, with an ATI Rage 128 Pro Graphics card (8 MB VRAM).

5. dukemeiser macrumors 6502a

dukemeiser

You are right, the one in the picture looks like Ruby not Strawberry. Right here is the one I should have pointed you to.