Has UPS gone insane? ibook on U.S. tour: TOUR EXTENDED!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by shu82, Feb 20, 2007.

1. shu82 macrumors 6502a

shu82

I just bought an ibook last week for my girlfriend and the guy sent it second day air from new jersy to alabama. Just look at the all the places its gone this week.

Package Progress

Location Date Local Time Description
    DORAVILLE,
    GA, US 02/19/2007 12:37 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

SPARTANBURG,
    SC, US 02/19/2007 8:44 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

SPARTANBURG,
    SC, US 02/17/2007 5:53 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

GREENSBORO,
    NC, US 02/17/2007 1:40 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

MONTGOMERY,
    AL, US 02/15/2007 11:20 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

LOUISVILLE,
    KY, US 02/15/2007 3:36 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

02/15/2007 10:06 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

LINTHICUM,
    MD, US 02/15/2007 8:27 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    02/15/2007 5:00 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

PHILADELPHIA,
    PA, US 02/15/2007 2:30 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

PHILADELPHIA,
    PA, US 02/14/2007 11:02 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

HAMILTON,
    NJ, US 02/14/2007 9:30 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

02/14/2007 7:51 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

US 02/14/2007 10:40 A.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

It has been a week for 2nd day air and I still havent got it. I think they lost it again! Is there anything I can do?

Tracking results provided by UPS: 02/20/2007 1:09 P.M. EST (USA)

2. dilbottehrobort macrumors newbie

Muahaha, sorry I think this is hilarious.

I am a Part-Time Supervisor in Des Moines, Iowa. I see this happen all the time at UPS, You need to call UPS and give them the tracking number and tell them that your package is going back and forth between misc. air hubs. Usually the package has a conflicting address and needs to be corrected. You need to contact whoever sent the package to you and make sure they have the address fully correct. Did you buy it from ebay, or a company?

My guess is it has a conflicting address on it, that needs to be corrected.

Also I advise anyone that is on this forums to use AIR if they are sending anything fragile or anything remotely important / expensive.

:) :apple:

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

4. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

Move out of Alabama?

5. shu82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

shu82

I will call them if it isn't on my doorstep today. The tracking info says shipped to Huntsville, AL, US. As for moving out of Alabama: Why? Everywhere else is just the same. I work for a gov't contractor so the money is the same here as it is in California. But the cost of living is half as much. Where else can you carry a pistol legally for $10 a year for no reason whatsoever (everyone is armed yay!), and rent a house for $300/mo. BTW its 55 degrees here right now! Compare that to London.

6. shu82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

shu82

I just called them. The address was correct and they said I could get a refund. They said it should be here today, I hope that's true. Would that refund go to the seller or to me? It was off ebay so I paid for shipping.

7. shu82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

shu82

Not here!! Ich bin Pissed!!! I will begin construction of my UPS guy voodoo doll Muuhaaa. What was your name again mr assistant manager? I must write it in chicken blood.

8. dilbottehrobort macrumors newbie

LoL, not my fault UPS employees are pretty dang stupid...

it will be there... maybe

:eek: :apple:

9. EvryDayImShufln macrumors 65816

EvryDayImShufln

I HATE UPS. Not only do they charge ridiculous brokerage fees, their service sucks, they are slow and they ALWAYS lose everything. 3 out of 6 times I used them my package got lost and it seemed nothing was being done about it until I called them up. I can't understand why anybody would pick UPS over USPS, Fedex, purolator, etc...

10. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Meh, everyone has a service they hate.

I for one, would love to kick the crap out of FedEx's Delivery guys, and put it in thier heads that packages are NOT SUPPOSSED TO BE THROWN OVER THE FENCE!!!

I can't tell you how many bent up items I've gotton from them... and it's even worse with the small ones. They toss them like frisbees!:eek:

11. TheDance511 macrumors 6502

......Carry a pistol for 10$ a month huh..AND EVERYONE IS ARMED..It is people like you that make me wanna move to Aussie....Sorry about your ibook though...:apple:

12. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

13. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

14. AlBDamned macrumors 68030

AlBDamned

That's the funniest thing I've read all day.... :)

Seriously though, there are some serious UPS horror stories going round these forums at the moment. Hope you get it solved.

15. ewinemiller macrumors 6502

I guess it depends on your local guys. Where I live I've seen the UPS guy show up at 9pm to deliver during the holiday season. He'd been out since early in the morning, those guys were hardcore and worked until it was done. Never had a problem with them.

On the other hand if I had something coming from Fedex and it was Friday, invariably at about 4pm it would be marked "address doesn't exist" and I wouldn't get it until Monday. I was at the end of the route and I think someone was heading out for early beers.

16. Xyl macrumors regular

Yeah....completely no offense to OP, but that's also why I'd never live and work in the states (I live in Canada btw) even if I could get 1.5x the salary compared to working in Canada. There are many, many more Apple stores there though :p.

17. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Don't go brown, go FEDEX for the most reliable service.

18. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

Working in shipping for 9 months, I like local curriers... but when that's not an option fed ex seamed to have their things in order a little better.

19. cblackburn macrumors regular

Well, the temperature is 50 degrees so not that much different but the price you quoted is quite fantastic.

The place I'm in is a 2 bed apartment in Zone 2 and we pay 2,136.34 USD a month for it :(.

London is expensive...

Chris

20. Thornie macrumors member

That happens to me every, EVERY time I get something shipped to me FEDEX. It even happens when I send it to my job, a very visbile & obvious store front, which they still have the nerve to write "address doesn't exist".

21. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

At least your iBook looks like it's on tour like a rockstar... you should have shirts printed

22. mattscott306 macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Yeah my company ships everything UPS. We tried FedEx and DHL, neither one were as reliable as UPS. To the OP: If you digg the article, you should get some response, it has worked out well for others lately.

23. livingfortoday macrumors 68030

Oh, UPS> So much fun with them. I remember one time I ordered something from NJ to be delivered to FL (where I was at the time), and it slowly made it all the way down to Orlando, I think, before suddenly showing up in Los Angeles two days later. It then slowly made its way back across the country to me.

UPS is fun!

24. shu82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

shu82

Called them again, they said it would be here today. I think I could just do this tomorrow and they would say the same thing. All they know is it has been in georgia for 2 days. (2-day air remember) Oh, and I live in a DOD town so there are people from all over the country living and working around me. No one is really from here. Its the best of both worlds really, low prices, high wages, low taxes and a good mix of people. I dont see too many rednecks here. I would highly recommend it.

Thanks everyone and remember to give the evil eye to anyone wearing brown shorts today!

25. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

One of my employers shipped me something UPS once. They transposed two digits in the zip code, and it kept going back and forth between the UPS hub in Knoxville, TN and Orlando.

I'm sorry your shipment is going haywire. Just keep calling them until you get it.