Has your 2012 Macbook Air been crashing/freezing/Kernal Panic-ing a lot lately?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by RocketRed, Jun 28, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

2. macrumors 65816

Happened to me without google chrome running. Still not sure why...

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just noticed there's another topic on this issue... Mods please teleport my topic into the other one >.>

4. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

5. Wasabihound, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012

macrumors newbie

Yeah my Macbook Air 2012 freezes despite uninstalling and not using Chrome anymore.

I am getting freeze with Firefox 13.0.1 (even after turning off the graphic acceleration - which was a suggested solution) - usually happens while watching YouTube.

I took my Mac to the Genius bar and managed to replicate a freeze on Firefox. (was a software update that triggered that freeze).

Suggested action:

1) Verify and Repair disk - done
    2) Create a new user and use that one instead (could be corruption with my user set up) - next step
    3) re-install the OS (OR take the MacBook Air to Apple for a full scale diagnostic - note the MacBook Air got the standard diagnostic at the Genius bar and got ticks for everything except battery and power - because it was not plugged into a main at the time)

The guy at the Genius Bar was very helpful and also asked why I preferred Firefox to Safari - my answer - because of the extensions and options. (Yeah this is probably also why Safari might be more stable than Firefox :))

I used to a old Macbook that used Lion OS X and did not freeze - maybe the issue is related to Integrated Graphics? (However in fairness there are more differences between my Macbook and my Macbook Air than the graphics card.)

So while a culprit may have been identified. It looks like there are others.

UPDATE: Kernel Panics still happening. Going to the Genius Bar. :(