Has your decision on which console you wanna buy changed with the Wii pricing?

Discussion in 'Games' started by sikkinixx, Sep 15, 2006.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I realize the massive Nintendo community here on MR probably was gonna be a Wii as long as it wasnt $300+ but for those who were on the fence, with the wii costing $250 does it encourage you to buy one more? Or are you still going to get a PS3/360/nothing?

Personally, once I actually try the Wii I will probably wanna buy one asap. Unless Sony pulls an ace outta their ass at TGS my purchase of a PS3 in 06 is in doubt because right now Resistance and those amazing graphics are about the only reasons I really really want a PS3 at launch (although if i can get reliable pre-order for one on launch then the PS3 is in). Zelda will hopefully be better than WW before it and the low (but higher than I wanted) price, and good stock of the hardware are all strong pulls for me to give Nintendo another kick at the can after the failure, in my eyes, of the Gamecube.

2. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

I was gonna get one from the begining expecting it to be around $300-$350...

But i was VERY suprised about how cheap this thing is!
    It makes me happier knowing that i will be able to save money for the *Expensive* Wii-motes and nun-chuck pairs!

3. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Well, for us lucky people living in the UK, it is over $300 :mad:

4. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

dude, obviously you were gonna get one, you are MR Nintendo fan #1:p but anyway, you were actually surprised? Its what they said all along, they said it wasn't going to be more than $250...

5. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

6. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Well it's not like there's a load of Mac games coming. Then you have PS3 threads which quickly turn into flame wars. Then you have the Xbox 360 threads which seem to... not exist.

7. Archmagination macrumors regular

I was suprised at the price, but then that doesn't really matter.. the Wii just looks soo good that I just have to buy it.

8. risc macrumors 68030

risc

No, I actually think in Australia the Wii costs too much money considering what it doesn't do. GameCubes cost $99 each here. I don't think the Wii is worth an extra $300 premium. I'll be sticking to my 360 now, and I'll use that $400 to buy the games released in November/December, and yeah I know $400 doesn't buy many games on the 360, it also seems it doesn't buy much console either.

9. zim macrumors 65816

zim

As long as the game play is good then why care? I will be buying :D

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Not so much pricing, but the region free fiasco has certainly put a halt on my buying plans, and the no dvd playback which must of cost all of $0.25c to implement has annoyed me too.

Sony already changed my PS3 plans by delaying release in Europe to 2007...

So looks like I'll have to stick with my Xbox 360 until both Sony & Nintendo get their act together.

11. After G macrumors 68000

After G

12. BlizzardBomb macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Especially considering it has WiFi, HD-AV cables (supposedly) and a game (which is made out of 5 games) out of the box.

13. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

What fiasco is keeping you from buying one?

Anyway, I might wait until after Christmas to get one. I have my DS and that's all the gaming I need for right now.

But one day I WILL get a wii, be sure of that!

14. guifa macrumors 6502

Actually, I remember back when the last generationw as coming out, I read a number of articles saying that the licensing cost was ~USD 20.00. So that'd be an roughly an extra 16€, ¥2000 or £11. Nintendo's trying to keep it as cheap as possible and selling at cost.

15. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

The fact that one day they say it is region free, the next it is no longer region free :rolleyes:

16. Mavimao macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

I haven't heard anything.... where have they said this?

EDIT: ah nevermind, I saw the story on IGN...man, what the hell is going on over at Nintendo?! Gotta love that multi-continental corporation lifestyle!

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Updated news / interview on IGN

18. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

I was planning on buying no matter what the price was, for one reason, Zelda TP. Wii sports and the added channel functionality is just icing on the cake.

19. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

im surprised wii sports is such a draw actually, to me it looks like more a demo for how to use the controller in a variety of ways than an actual game I would be willing to sit down and play all the time.

20. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yeah me too, hence i'd rather not have it bundled, or give it us free. If they are full games then yes I can see the attraction, but I dont imagine they are very deep, hell is the tennis game still on the rails ? If all the games are like that boredom would set in as soon as the novelty of the controller has worn (about an hour out of the box)....

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Well I was always going to buy one. Cost aside there is no other system that will have Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight Princess. thankfully the cost is realistic (same price as a PSP for gods sake, or nearly 2 DS Lites). It's good. It's affordable. My cousin is buying 2 for his 40" TV's in his pub, a little OT but you could not expect drunk folk playing Halo 2 multiplayers in a pub. Now Wii sports and you have YouTube gold. No Twilight Princess or anything like that though.

Anywho. My plans to buy an iMac a week ago have disrupted any console buying plans but has pushed it back to a definite Christmas present of the ol' parents. So the only thing that changed my plans was Apple coming out with a block buster of a deal.

22. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Its price didn't change.....it was finally told

23. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Hell yes I'm gonna buy one. Just gotta get those preorders up ( I miss the amazon one because I was at class) and then I'm in.

24. Krevnik macrumors 68030

Krevnik

Not really... I was gonna buy a 360 (done), a PS3, and a Wii... and if Sony's pricing doesn't make me flinch, I don't think Nintendo's is ever gonna be able to do it. :)

25. 7on macrumors 601

7on

dunno, depends if Nintendo plans to throw Twilight Princess onto the next console too :p